Perry Grant - The Beat Goes On!

NJ Fred

The radio waves from across the oceans carry the message - SELLOUT ABOARD ECLIPSE - as the Greatest Entertainer on the Seven Seas debuts on Celebrity Eclipse. Be it his high energy Welcome Aboard Spectacular or evenings in the lounge, Perry Grant continues the wave of excellence!

Furniture was in short supply as Perry introduced his unique style to the good customers of Eclipse. Passengers and crew alike found themselves under his magic spell as Eclipse sailed the ocean blue.

It is the start of a new chapter for Celebrity. It is a new chapter in saltwater entertainment.

Batten down the hatches! Hoist the mainsail! Shiver me timbers!

Positions everybody!

Do you know if he will be on the Eclipse next December? We sail Nov 30. We were on the Dec 1st cruise last month, but he hadn't joined the Eclipse yet. Hope he has a good room for his show.

Thanks

OOOEEE :D:DBob and Phyl

So happy that his act went well on the Eclipse. We saw him on the Constellation and he certainly had a following. He was in a small lounge and it was very difficult to get a seat. On the Constellation next week and, of course, very disappointed that he had left. However, just booked Eclipse for April so everything comes to those who wait! Where was he performing/times please?:p

So happy he has made it safely to Eclipse for our upcoming trip :) Am also curious as to which lounge he is performing in...we always call in on his show on the way to bed and have a nightcap enjoying his unique style.We will certainly be "assuming the position" :D

Perry holds court in the Sky Room.

He just joined the ship and will be aboard Eclipse for several months. I do not know when he next goes on holiday.

Sorry to all the Perry fans but I'm not happy about this. I am not a Perry fan and we've always enjoyed listening to, and dancing a little, with the Party Band up in the Sky lounge several nights on our cruises. If Perry is taking over that lounge it might be good for the Perry fans but bad for others who do not like his unusual form of entertainment.

On Connie he generally played every night in the same venue (Michael's Club) over the two week itineraries, taking off only one night for his stage show, and one night for his "night off" in that time. No indication has come yet how his schedule will be arranged for the Eclipse itineraries.

I was also curious if he is up in the SKY lounge how they would deal with the elite cocktail hour?

It will be finished before he starts. The pianist on the Eclipse in November started at around 7.45 each evening and the staff in Michael's Club told us he wouldn't perform in there.

As long as they don't move the jazz into Michael's I will be happy.

Sorry to all the Perry fans but I'm not happy about this. I am not a Perry fan and we've always enjoyed listening to, and dancing a little, with the Party Band up in the Sky lounge several nights on our cruises. If Perry is taking over that lounge it might be good for the Perry fans but bad for others who do not like his unusual form of entertainment.

Larry-

I understand your concern. If I was a betting person I would bet that Perry will only be in Sky until the hoopla cools off. I'm sure there are a large number of people on this particular cruise who are there primarily for Perry.

I was never a fan, but we were on his last Constellation cruise--we grew to appreciate his talent. His is one very funny and witty guy. However, you won't see us in the Sky nightly to watch him.

Totally agree,if we know in advance we can avoid the sky lounge or the Eclipse.;)

On at least the first few Eclipse sailings, probably through the Transatlantic, there will be so many Elites that the voucher system will be used and there will not be a traditional Elite Cocktail hour.

I hope you are correct -- I much prefer the voucher system -- more options are always better.

It will be finished before he starts. The pianist on the Eclipse in November started at around 7.45 each evening and the staff in Michael's Club told us he wouldn't perform in there.

Something to do with the way the room is laid out on the "S" class as opposed to the "M" class I guess.

On at least the first few Eclipse sailings, probably through the Transatlantic, there will be so many Elites that the voucher system will be used and there will not be a traditional Elite Cocktail hour.

We were told there would be a traditional Elite Cocktail hour not vouchers on our 2/9/13 sailing. The 1/26 sailing will have the vouchers.

Can't wait for a first report from the Sky Lounge......want to know where are the best seats.....;)

The answer to that is pretty clear.

From a Perry fan's perspective the best seats will be the ones closest to his piano.

From my personal perspective the best seats will be in one of the other lounges downstairs:rolleyes:.

I apologize to the Perry fans here. While I'm not a fan, I think it is nice that Celebrity has an entertainer that has a big following on board. It is great to see a lounge act that so many people on board are so anxious to see. I'm just jealous that it isn't the type of act that we'd like to see. Too bad they don't have an entertainer with that type of draw on every cruise - or even two with different styles!

Edited by Lsimon