Best Luau and Fire Dance

HamburgAvonLady

Opinions please --- we are doing an overnight in Honolulu and visiting Lahaina until 11 pm.

Suggestions for a great Luau and show --- I read mixed reviews about the Drums of the Pacific on Trip Advisor. It's quite expensive so don't want to waste my time/money if there are others just as good, if not better. Thanks.

We did Germaines on our first trip to the Islands but want to do a differant one when we stop in Honolulu after our Transpacific Cruise in 2014 and have heard excellant reviews on the Paradise Cove. They offer 3 differant packages, and considering the Orchid Luau Buffet. Here si the Link to their site.http://www.paradisecovehawaii.com/LuauPackages/Highlights/paradise.htm

Old Lahaina has one of the best luau's in Maui but no fire dance. And it's on the smaller scale of 500 people, the earlier you book the better the seating y'll get.

The best fire dance we've seen was at the Polynesian Culture Center and it was a big part and the finale to the show Ha Breath of Life. They also have a luau but don't know anything about it.

We enjoyed the evening show tremendously at the PCC. The afternoon show thru the canal is beautiful but to stay the intire day, can make for a very long day, returning to Honolulu late evening.

Middleager, we have only been to 3 Luaus during our trips, Germaines, our first trip & PCC and OLL in 08. Will check out Chief's luau for our 2014 Transpacific cruise from Sydney. We will be staying 4 days post cruise.

Would appreciate a recommendation for a luau in either Maui or Kauai...however, we will be leaving port around 5-6pm at each of those ports. So, it would have to be an afternoon luau. We will be in Honolulu until 11pm but were planning on mainly sightseeing-want to go to Pearl Harbor etc. Could we fit in both sighseeing and an evening luau in Honolulu???

We are considering the Luau in Kauai thru Princess (will be on Sapphire this Jan.) but would be willing to do a private tour and save money!

Thanks.

I

There are quite a few luau's in Honolulu ---- most start about 4 pm and end around 8 or so.

I think most of the larger luxury hotels also have them but no sure if attendance restricted to hotel guests.

The ones I found are: Paradise Cove --- http://www.reservations@paradisecovehawaii.com --- 1-800-842-5911

Chief's Luau --- http://www.chiefsluau.com --- 1-877-357-2480 or 1-808-664-1075 --- only offered certain days of week

Germaine's Luau --- 1-800-590-4415

Polynesian Cultural Center ---- you can spend an entire day here --- lots of history, demonstrations, the luau and wonderful show in the evening. A very long day, though.

As your ship leaves at 11 pm --- I think you could easily do both in one day. Just go to Pearl Harbor in the AM ---- do some shopping/beach stuff --- then the luau in the late afternoon.

Have a great time !!

There are quite a few luau's in Honolulu ---- most start about 4 pm and end around 8 or so.

I think most of the larger luxury hotels also have them but no sure if attendance restricted to hotel guests.

The ones I found are: Paradise Cove --- http://www.reservations@paradisecovehawaii.com --- 1-800-842-5911

Chief's Luau --- http://www.chiefsluau.com --- 1-877-357-2480 or 1-808-664-1075 --- only offered certain days of week

Germaine's Luau --- 1-800-590-4415

Polynesian Cultural Center ---- you can spend an entire day here --- lots of history, demonstrations, the luau and wonderful show in the evening. A very long day, though.

As your ship leaves at 11 pm --- I think you could easily do both in one day. Just go to Pearl Harbor in the AM ---- do some shopping/beach stuff --- then the luau in the late afternoon.

Have a great time !!

Thank you so much for the info....I think Honolulu would be a better place for us to do the luau...and your suggestions of fitting both in is a good one!

Hi

I have only attended one Luau - the Old Lahaina Luau and it was great :D (no fire dancing though), food was decent and all the drinks were included in the price, which was about $100.

The show was very good and the service was outstanding!

Enjoy your vacation!

We booked Chief's Luau. It is only scheduled Wednesdays and Sundays. I've read the reviews which are excellent. I didn't see any bad comments about the food. People would not be returning to this Luau on other trips if they didn't have a marvelous time. Gourmet food or not, nothing pleases everybody

Gem:)

We booked Chief's Luau. It is only scheduled Wednesdays and Sundays. I've read the reviews which are excellent. I didn't see any bad comments about the food. People would not be returning to this Luau on other trips if they didn't have a marvelous time. Gourmet food or not, nothing pleases everybody

Gem:)

Check TA for reviews. Most of the reviews say the show is good, but there were quite a few that didn't think the food left much to be desired. But people usually go for the show anyway.

Archived