Restaurant recommendations near Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver?

petlover

Looking for any restaurant recommendations for a moderately priced restaurant not too far from the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver. First choice is Italian. Any recommendations? Thank you!

Umberto's al Porto in Gastown (321 Water St.) is wonderful and within walking distance, about 10 minutes at a leisurely pace from the hotel. We've had lunch and dinner there and enjoyed both mightily. Gastown is a fun place to see anyway.

Here's a link to a list: http://www.vancouvertourist.com/page169.htm

Quattro on Fourth (you'll see it on the link) is out of this world, at least it was in 2002 when we ate there - you'd need to take a cab to the Kitsilano District, but IMHO it would be worth the trip.

Just FYI, the Fairmont Waterfront right across the street has a resident dog. From your screen name, I thought that might be something for you to check out if you're in need of a fur fix! From one petlover to another:D

Check out to see if the Spaghetti Factory is still in Gastown area. It was a fun and reasoanble place to eat while touring this area on foot.

The Old Spaghetti factory has good prices and good service and it is a 5 to 10 min walk from Canada Place. There is also a small chinese restaurant right across the street from Canada place parking entrance/exit ramp, but I can't remember the name of the place.

Dear Petlover,

We live in Vancouver and our very favorite restaurant is very close to The Pan Pacific. It is called The Water Street Cafe and it is right across the street from the steam clock. As it is our favorite, we go almost every month. Their pastas are excellent and so is everything else on the menu. The prices are reasonable and we love the relaxed ambience. It sort of has a bistro feel. Enjoy!

• 1 year later...
Is there a local restaurant within a 10 minute walk that serves breakfast at a reasonable price?

We like the Bellagio cafe on Hornby. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We haven't eaten there for dinner (too many other choices), but I remember both breakfast and lunch quite fondly.

I also highly recommend the water Street Cafe. The Spaghetti factory is fine and certainly the price is right but the Water Street cafe is wonderful for a few dollars more. It all depends what you want and how tight you budget is. I have no idea about a cheap breakfast place. The only time I go "downtown" for breakfast is when we super spluge and go to the Pan Pacific for their truely amazing brunch ($50/person). The food is excellent, the view nothing short of spectacular. It is well worth the $$ but it is a lot of $$$.

Barb

Barb

Archived