Guess what excites me about Oasis ?

I'm sailing on Oasis for the first time very soon. I know this is VERY SAD but guess what is exciting me ??????????????

I drink lots of soda and residing in France and the UK mostly at the moment we don't get Coke Freestyle machines either on land or on the Eu based RCI ships in Summer.

Oasis has them !!! Hooray. I've been wanting so much to use them for years now. Ha ha ha ha !!! :D :D :D

See . . . . . I said I was sad :-)

What excites me about the Oasis? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!! Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but the ship is too big, I don't like having to make reservations to see a show months before I board (who knows how I am going to feel on that particular night 6 months ahead of time) and I really don't feel like sharing a ship with 5,000 other passengers....2,000 is enough for me! Too far to walk to get to anything...don't need a merry go round or a bar that rises and falls over a period of hours.

I want to see the ocean, feel the ocean when I am on a cruise. Don't need to feel like I am at all inclusive resort or a super mall on land when I am on the ocean. That is not cruising to me. jmho

What excites me about the Oasis? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!! Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but the ship is too big, I don't like having to make reservations to see a show months before I board (who knows how I am going to feel on that particular night 6 months ahead of time) and I really don't feel like sharing a ship with 5,000 other passengers....2,000 is enough for me! Too far to walk to get to anything...don't need a merry go round or a bar that rises and falls over a period of hours.

I want to see the ocean, feel the ocean when I am on a cruise. Don't need to feel like I am at all inclusive resort or a super mall on land when I am on the ocean. That is not cruising to me. jmho

Have you been on it, or are you assuming all those things?

Not one of Royal Caribbean's ships carries just 2,000 passengers. You are on the wrong line and the wrong message board if this is how you feel.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I am just responding to your post.

And looking at your signature I see you are speaking from experience, right?

I'm sailing on Oasis for the first time very soon. I know this is VERY SAD but guess what is exciting me ??????????????

I drink lots of soda and residing in France and the UK mostly at the moment we don't get Coke Freestyle machines either on land or on the Eu based RCI ships in Summer.

Oasis has them !!! Hooray. I've been wanting so much to use them for years now. Ha ha ha ha !!! :D :D :D

Just wanted to let you know, there are some Coke Freestyle machines here in the UK. I've used quite a few of them! Burger King's that are not franchised have them and also a chain called Five Guys (they also do burgers) :)

Maybe you should start your own tread on what excites you about the ships you like.

To the topic I am going on the Oasis in 2 weeks and I am excited to go on the Oasis with my grandchildren and on a ship that is as much as a part of the vacation as the stops.

Shak

Not sad at all ! You enjoy this beautiful BIG ship and all the wonderful amenities it has to offer.

I'm so glad that there are people out there like this who will not even consider going on the Oasis because of her reasons listed above.

It helps keep the demand and price down for those of us that appreciate and love the best ships in the world. Thanks!

There is a restaurant called 5 guys down the street from us that makes great burgers, good hot dogs etc. My son likes all the food there but when we go all he can talk about is the Coke Freestyle machine. They are cool.

I'm so glad that there are people out there like this who will not even consider going on the Oasis because of her reasons listed above.

It helps keep the demand and price down for those of us that appreciate and love the best ships in the world. Thanks!

I have to admit, I sort of felt that way too, but when we saw Allure docked in St. Martin back in 2012, my husband was amazed at that ship and said we'd have to do it "someday." Well, that day will be next year, because we're booked on Oasis for 10/15 and got a pretty nice deal with the BOGOHO sale.

We're not big show people anyway, although we may want to see the Aqua Theater shows. I'm super excited now though; new ship to explore, it will be the first time we're sailing from Ft. Lauderdale, so new pre-cruise location/hotel. My husband and I have fun doing anything together, and if the big ships aren't for us, at least we'll have done it once. There's no way we won't have a good time though. :)

So true. I for one can't wait to go on our first time on the Oasis. My 5 year old is even more excited. It's all he talks about. He is the first one on the webcam Saturday mornings.

Maybe you should start your own tread on what excites you about the ships you like.

To the topic I am going on the Oasis in 2 weeks and I am excited to go on the Oasis with my grandchildren and on a ship that is as much as a part of the vacation as the stops.

Shak

Yes! Have a wonderful time!

If you want to go big then it might as well be the biggest or go home!

We are excited to be trying the Oasis this fall for a TA and thought 12 days with 8 sea days in a row there is likely no better ship to make the crossing on.

When we we go to Vegas we stay in the big hotels hotels not the little motels on the north end of the strip for the same reason.

We are open minded enough to adjust our expectations to itinerary and ship. Done as small as 200pax and now trying 6000 and expecting to enjoy every moment.

Prefer big planes to small ones though as we don't like to feel every bump on the flight even though some might prefer a Cessna.

At times a ship is just a means to get to a destination.

Really! You could have kept this whole post to yourself. To attempt to ruin the OP's enthusiasm with your negativity is annoying!! Absolutely ZERO reason for this post. :mad:

Really! You could have kept this whole post to yourself. To attempt to ruin the OP's enthusiasm with your negativity is annoying!! Absolutely ZERO reason for this post. :mad:

Thank you !!!!

(You have some AMAZING cruises booked !!)