One more question...

ItalianGuest

Hello everyone!

Now It's very clear for me that on QE jeans are not allowed at restaurants during dinners; but I was thinking that nowadays onboard many ships the buffet runs also during night time.

Can we have dinner at the buffet? In jeans!

Once again, thanks in advance.

Ciao:)

ItalianGuest

Jeans are permitted in the buffet during dinner hours.

However, it is Cunard's intent that passengers not meeting the evening's dress standards restrict themselves to their stateroom, the buffet area or the Winter Garden and not areas such as the theatre or other lounges.

Jeans are permitted in the buffet during dinner hours.

However, it is Cunard's intent that passengers not meeting the evening's dress standards restrict themselves to their stateroom, the buffet area or the Winter Garden and not areas such as the theatre or other lounges.

Hello,

thank you very much for your very helpful reply.:)

I'm not so interested in ballrooms, parties or shows and so that should be not a problem.

For me the best is enjoy the night drinking something at an outdoor bar looking at the sun/moon or the shores. Can I use the pool deck wearing jeans during night?:confused:

To be honest I don't know the winter garden; is there a bar inside?

Thanks.

Regards,

ItalianGuest

Which isn't quite how it works in practice.

David.

Which isn't quite how it works in practice.

David.

Good afternoon David.

What does It mean?

They are more or less permissive?

It means that nowadays there is the possibility to enjoy Cunard in a more casual way?

I know that Cunard is famous for the old formal charme and I don't want to spoil It.

So It is not my intent to go around the ship in a casual dress but we will be in 4 and all under 30 and for the moment formal parties are not for us. But at the same time we don't like Costa or Msc and Cunard is able to offer as a very peaceful environment at a very good price!

Thanks, regards

ItalianGuest

Edited by ItalianGuest

The whole dress code thing is never enforced and I meet a number of people who had no interest in getting dressed up.

The buffet area will be full of people wearing jeans, tshirts etc and with regards to shows etc nobody seems to care what you are wearing.

You may get the odd idiot who wants to s****** or give you a growl because you are not wearing formal gear but the vast majority are cool :)

What a nice notice!

Thank you very much.

Now I feel much more relaxed!!!;)

Thanks. Ciao

ItalianGuest

you may get the odd idiot

OK, you might call me or others "idiot" but we are certainly not odd ;) The vast majority of passengers is certainly cool and at the same time they certainly enjoy the formality of Cunard.

nobody seems to care what you are wearing.

Wrong. People do care, they might be just too "cool" or or in my words to polite to address a spoiler directly. That you are not addressed or confronted still doesn't make it right.

I know that Cunard is famous for the old formal charme and I don't want to spoil It.

Thank you for this kind attitude. This is the spirit that makes everybody comfortable and happy.

To be honest I don't know the winter garden; is there a bar inside?

Drinks are served in the winter garden. In fact it is quite a nice place.

Edited by carlmm

The whole dress code thing is never enforced and I meet a number of people who had no interest in getting dressed up...
Were they the scumbags or the plebs? Just so I'm up to speed as this thread develops. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

PARTIAL QUOTE

Hello,

...For me the best is enjoy the night drinking something at an outdoor bar looking at the sun/moon or the shores. Can I use the pool deck wearing jeans during night?:confused:...

Regards,

ItalianGuest

Ciao Italian Guest.

In casual attire, sitting at the outdoor Terrace Bar on Deck 8, I have often enjoyed an adult beverage (or two) while watching the sun. But I haven't been there later than 7:30 pm*, so I don't know if casual dress is acceptable there later in the evening - perhaps someone here can give further advice about that.

The Terrace Bar is closed if the weather is bad, and the hours it is open varies, but generally it is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. It is highly recommended that passengers do NOT walk through Todd English to access this bar or the pool.

Thank your for being so considerate about the dress code. Ciao, -Salacia

*With exception: occasionally, the ship has deck parties there in the evening and I've found that the majority of passengers attending those parties dress according to the evening's dress code which is usually Informal (jacket and trousers for men, no jeans or shorts etc.)

Edited by Salacia

... the people who would like to think they are more important than they are ...
... a transatlantic trip is a cheap alternative to transatlantic flights in anything other than peasant class ...
Thank you for that outstandingly honest piece of clarification.

Happy sailings :)

Edited by pepperrn

PARTIAL QUOTE

Ciao Italian Guest.

In casual attire, sitting at the outdoor Terrace Bar on Deck 8, I have often enjoyed an adult beverage (or two) while watching the sun. But I haven't been there later than 7:30 pm*, so I don't know if casual dress is acceptable there later in the evening - perhaps someone here can give further advice about that.

The Terrace Bar is closed if the weather is bad, and the hours it is open varies, but generally it is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. It is highly recommended that passengers do NOT walk through Todd English to access this bar or the pool.

Thank your for being so considerate about the dress code. Ciao, -Salacia

*With exception: occasionally, the ship has deck parties there in the evening and I've found that the majority of passengers attending those parties dress according to the evening's dress code which is usually Informal (jacket and trousers for men, no jeans or shorts etc.)

Thank you Salacia. Very helpful!

Ciao

IG

Unfortunately my English is too bed to understand all your posts.

In any case...

You're not what you wear.

Think about Sergio Marchionne (Fiat-Chrysler).

He is very rich and smart ( 2 or 3 degree ) but he is always in sweater.

And what's wrong in people who earn money working (any work) and then decide to spend they money in a cruise?

Obviously, there are rules everywhere you go and have money doesn't mean you can do everything you want.

And sometimes is also nice to wear formal !!! ;)

IG

In any case...

And what's wrong in people who earn money working (any work) and then decide to spend they money in a cruise?

Obviously, there are rules everywhere you go and have money doesn't mean you can do everything you want.

IG

Hi ItalianGuest,

What an excellent post, a pleasure to read, thank you.

(Your English is far, far better than my knowledge of Italian!)

Have the most wonderful time, a huge Bon Voyage from me :) .

Edited by pepperrn

Hello everyone!

Now It's very clear for me that on QE jeans are not allowed at restaurants during dinners; but I was thinking that nowadays onboard many ships the buffet runs also during night time.

Can we have dinner at the buffet? In jeans!

Once again, thanks in advance.

ItalianGuest

You sound like somebody who really wants to take a casual vacation, and you would rather eat dinner in the buffet while wearing your jeans than to get dressed for the restaurant. Fair enough and entirely in keeping with Cunard's published evening dress code.

In the US the Disney line is built for families with young children. If I signed on for a Disney cruise, and then asked can I find adults-only areas, would one not wonder why I booked with them? Cunard ships are probably the most formal among all of the cruise lines so why would book Cunard if you want a casual atmosphere?

In any case...

IG

I understand your points and issues but having 3 degrees doesn't make one smart, it just means that you have 3 degrees.

... having 3 degrees doesn't make one smart, it just means that you have 3 degrees.
And it doesn't mean you have any sense of style, or the smarts to pick the ship that suits you.

You sound like somebody who really wants to take a casual vacation, and you would rather eat dinner in the buffet while wearing your jeans than to get dressed for the restaurant. Fair enough and entirely in keeping with Cunard's published evening dress code.

In the US the Disney line is built for families with young children. If I signed on for a Disney cruise, and then asked can I find adults-only areas, would one not wonder why I booked with them? Cunard ships are probably the most formal among all of the cruise lines so why would book Cunard if you want a casual atmosphere?

Hello,

unfortunately I like elegant atmosphere and ships but also jeans! And since in the same period, in the same area and for the same noumbers of days It was not possible to book a cruise with Celebrity, Hal, Princess, Oceania or Azamara (ok, expensive suites were available), Cunard has been the best choice.

And to be honest, It is not so a big problem for me to wear trousers, but since my friends are not used to, like me,and sice I've proposed them the cruise, I don't want to let them have a bed experience due to the dress code but neither ask them to buy suits and trousers just for the cruise.

Good night!

ItalianGuest

Edited by ItalianGuest

I understand your points and issues but having 3 degrees doesn't make one smart, it just means that you have 3 degrees.

You're right. It was just an easy way to express my thought.

I know lots of people without a degree or a diploma that are smarter than those who have.

Regards,

IG

And it doesn't mean you have any sense of style, or the smarts to pick the ship that suits you.

Hello,

I think that you can wear jeans or sweaters and be very stylish...in Italy we now wear jeans also for Weddings for example. (In Italy, the home of fashion!;))

Ok, be stylish doesn't mean to be elegant according to the formal dress!

And I know.

If I'm asking It is just because I'm smart enough to understand that on Cunard It is not so a nice idea to dress casual... but I've my reasons and so I simply would like to know if, after all, It could be possible to enjoy a cruise with Cunard anyway.

Regards

ItalianGuest

Edited by ItalianGuest

As I told previously, unfortunately my English is not enough to understand the messages that some have written but, since I've read words like "peasant", my purpose was to warn from using certain classifications because I thing that we are all equal and that you can't judge a person by the way he is dressed up.

ItalianGuest

As I told previously, unfortunately my English is not enough to understand the messages that some have written but, since I've read words like "peasant", my purpose was to warn from using certain classifications because I thing that we are all equal and that you can't judge a person by the way he is dressed up.

ItalianGuest

You are absolutely correct, sir. Clothes do not make the man. But as expressed by Cunard, the dress code is about respect for others on the ship. And I appreciate your consideration for both your traveling companions, and the ship's other passengers that you have expressed. I am sure you will have a wonderful trip. And Your country is very beautiful, and amazing! :) Edited by DWhit

You are absolutely correct, sir. Clothes do not make the man. But as expressed by Cunard, the dress code is about respect for others on the ship. And I appreciate your consideration for both your traveling companions, and the ship's other passengers that you have expressed. I am sure you will have a wonderful trip. And Your country is very beautiful, and amazing! :)

Thank you.

I wish you to be able to come here as soon as possible for a wonderful holiday!:)

Ciao,

ItalianGuest