SD1 Spring Crossing

DisneyJen

Always love the pictures. Did I read Dutchies right--26 passengers??:eek: I just got a sale email from SD with some of the European 7 days going for $2,999GTY. Quite a price. I bet the escalating air fares are impacting bookings somewhat. Glad we went to the UK last year. Hate paying more for one day in a tin tube than for a week on SD.:eek:

Hi Jim

Would you mind sending me that e mail? We just made final payment on our BtB today and no leg was priced closed to $2,999GTY and we did not get that e-mail!

Airfare is horrible and FF mile seats are outrageous. I guess the Olympics are contributing

FT

Done.:D

Didn't get that email, but noticed on the website a couple of days ago that the 2nd week of our b2b in October had dropped to $2999. Got the reduction!! :D

Now if I could just get USAir to cough up the FF seats. . . . .

Vandrefalk

Didn't get that email, but noticed on the website a couple of days ago that the 2nd week of our b2b in October had dropped to $2999. Got the reduction!! :D

Now if I could just get USAir to cough up the FF seats. . . . .

Vandrefalk

Hi Karen.

Good luck with the seats.:eek: Air fare is terrible this year. Can not all be going to the Olympics. It has kept us on the sidelines for sure. :eek:

Hi Jim

Would you mind sending me that e mail? We just made final payment on our BtB today and no leg was priced closed to $2,999GTY and we did not get that e-mail!

Airfare is horrible and FF mile seats are outrageous. I guess the Olympics are contributing

FT

FT: Did you get it??

J.

Jim

We did . . . And our leg is not down to $2999 yet

Did learn however that SD processes All MC and Visa charges through Norway, even if sent by US residents through Miami, so if your credit card bank charges a "foreign exchange fee" you will be liable. why SD does this is a mystery. .. And I was CEO and President of a credit card bank . . .this is not a fee SD keeps and AMex charges a higher interchange rate to SD so it makes no economic sense . . .

Oh well AMEX platinum is looking better and better

FT

As SeaDream is a Norwegian company, why wouldn't they charge through Norway? Seems perfectly logical to a non-American at least. The Miami office is just that, an office, is it not?

It seems that the credit card companies always have a way of coming out on top.....

SD processes the AMEX charges through the US -- so if pay with AMEX in the US, I have no currency exchange fee but if I pay with VISA or MC, I do. That's not clear.

If I hadn't asked - I would have been paying the fee. I"m not blaming SD for the fees - just suggesting that they make their disclosure a bit clearer.

FT

Archived