Indian ocean cruise visiting Madagascar

Pebbels

Hi

Could anyone tell me a little about the ports the NeoRomantica is visiting in Madagascar: Nosy be, Tamatave, Diego Suarez?

I have always wanted to visit Madagascar to see the beautiful nature and the unique wildlife, especially the lemurs. Is there any chance of visiting any national parks as a short daytrip? Any must see/do?

I guess Nosy Be is mainly a beach stop?

anyone done this cruise?

Welcome to CC.

Have you checked out the shore excursions that Costa has on offer for each port. This will give you some idea of what is available / achieveable in the time available. Also check out tripadvisor.com. Then you could decide either Costa or find a local tour operator.

Hi

Could anyone tell me a little about the ports the NeoRomantica is visiting in Madagascar: Nosy be, Tamatave, Diego Suarez?

I have always wanted to visit Madagascar to see the beautiful nature and the unique wildlife, especially the lemurs. Is there any chance of visiting any national parks as a short daytrip? Any must see/do?

I guess Nosy Be is mainly a beach stop?

anyone done this cruise?

You can find ports info in http://www.whatsinport.com.

When exactly will you cruise? We'll sail on febr 6, 2016

Welcome to CC.

Have you checked out the shore excursions that Costa has on offer for each port. This will give you some idea of what is available / achieveable in the time available. Also check out tripadvisor.com. Then you could decide either Costa or find a local tour operator.

Thanks GMT!

Sinta, we are concidering either dec 26th or Jan 9th.

I have been looking around trying to get a good price, looks like we might save up to 50% booking this cruise with cruisedirect in the UK, compared to the prices I have got in Norway. Is it ok with Costa that I buy the cruise ticket in another country? I guess they dont care, or probably even notice!?

Do you mind me asking how much you paid Sinta?

Thanks GMT!

Sinta, we are concidering either dec 26th or Jan 9th.

I have been looking around trying to get a good price, looks like we might save up to 50% booking this cruise with cruisedirect in the UK, compared to the prices I have got in Norway. Is it ok with Costa that I buy the cruise ticket in another country? I guess they dont care, or probably even notice!?

Do you mind me asking how much you paid Sinta?

We booked directly @ Costa. The cheapest cabin costs 799E. What about you? Normally we booked in Germany for always an interesting price. But this time they sell this cruise as a package, leaving from Frankfurt, which is not interesting for us. If you give me your email address, I can give you their account for next time.

How much did you pay? We normally cruise with HAL, RCI or Celebrity. They have a better service.

We are on the cruise 9th January 2016.

So I cannot tell you yet, what there is to do in Madagascar from self experience.

I've just read all the information Costa provides about their shore excursions

and it looks to me like this:

Nosy Be

That looks like an island. Beach might be an option as are boat trips to some other small islands nearby...

Tamatave

There is a shore excursion to the Nationalpark of Ivoloina and also a visit to a zoo of lemurs where you'll see for sure some of them.

Diego Suarez

There is a shore excursion with 4x4 vehicles named "Amber Mountains" which sounds fun and that might be an option to spot lemurs in the wild.

That's what my research here and elsewhere told me about the three destinations. In Nosy Be I'm not sure yet, but at the two other places if this tours are running and are available I probably will book them when aboard.

Madagascar is pretty poor and staying in the port area is no option...