Rome Cabs

SID1962

Hello:

My family just returned from Rome after our Celebrity Equinox cruise that ended 6/27 in Rome. We again used Rome Cabs for our port and airport transportation as well as Stefano's tour company for a full-day tour to Orvieto from Rome. We first used Rome Cabs in 2008 after a CC recommendation and have since been to Rome 3 times - always using Rome Cabs to get us from the cruise port and/or airport to the city and return. Without fail, his drivers are ultra-professional, fun-loving, safe, courteous, and above all - punctual. We had an especially good time on our full-day tour to Orvieto, in large part, due to the great service provided to us by RC's driver, Vincenzo. And while I've never met Stefano in person, I feel that I know him well from our email exchanges and the always-delivered 5-star service of his team of drivers. Traveling can be hectic at times, but with RC, there is never a fear of a missed connection or pick up. Book your trip - get your confirmation - and settle in without worry!

Stefano is a delight!!!

We had a full day with him in Rome in 2008

And a full day Etruscan /ceri/ceveteri /lake bracciano tour with him in 2012

Plus airport/port transfers of course with his drivers

My family really enjoys him and crazy as it seems we consider him a friend!!!!

When we finally get back to Rome we are looking forward to seeing him again

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

OP, please don't worry about using Romecabs. We used them 4 times this past trip (just got home three days ago) and their service is flawless. We booked online, got the confirmation email, we did confirm by clicking the link and I think I confirmed by email one more time before we left on the trip. We used them for airport transfers and port transfers including a middle of the night pick up to the airport. Each time they were on-time (even early), cheerful, the cars are clean and spacious, and their driving is steady and safe (even in the crazy Rome traffic). Feel free to email them if you feel you need to double confirm the reservation ...they are very prompt in their emails. We were very impressed and to be honest, I'm hard to please. They are 5 star all the way. Have a wonderful trip and leave the driving to them!

• 3 weeks later...

We booked transfers from the airport to our hotel in Civitavecchia, and then two weeks later from our cruise ship straight back to the airport. Once I initially confirmed the reservation online I never thought about it again. Directions were clear and concise on where to meet our driver, and both times we were met by a professional who smiled, spoke English, and made us feel welcome and comfortable in clean and well serviced vehicle. I would highly recommend Romecabs for anyone needing a ride while in Rome. Bonus - the return trip from Civitavecchia to the airport was the same price with romecabs as the cruise ship was charging for two of us to take the cruise bus transfer - with a lot less hassle!

I have been reading the posts about Rome Cabs, and everyone seems very happy with them. Can anyone confirm that they can get into the inner port area for drop-off? Our cruise confirmation suggested we make sure whoever is dropping us off can get inside the port near where the boat docks. Apparently not all limo/cab drivers can.

Can anyone using them recently give me an idea of cost? I am looking at Rome airport to Rome, Rome to Civitavecchia port and port to airport. Interested in pricing for each leg, so I have an idea of what to expect. I've only been to that port once, it was 7 years ago and my memory is a bit hazy in regards to the port.

I have been reading the posts about Rome Cabs, and everyone seems very happy with them. Can anyone confirm that they can get into the inner port area for drop-off? Our cruise confirmation suggested we make sure whoever is dropping us off can get inside the port near where the boat docks. Apparently not all limo/cab drivers can.

Can anyone using them recently give me an idea of cost? I am looking at Rome airport to Rome, Rome to Civitavecchia port and port to airport. Interested in pricing for each leg, so I have an idea of what to expect. I've only been to that port once, it was 7 years ago and my memory is a bit hazy in regards to the port.

We used them three times the last two weeks and they dropped us off about 10 feet from the luggage porters at the ship. The cost from the airport to the ship and from the ship to Rome was 160 EU each way for five people. From Rome to the airport was 60 EU for 5 people. Would highly recommend.

Thanks for the helpful information. How far in advance can you book them? We are traveling in June of 2016.

Not sure how far in advance, but we booked them just a couple of months out.

We found out the night before they were to take us to the airport, that our flight had been delayed three hours. I sent an email around 1:00 am asking to delay our pick up the next Sunday morning. I received a reply at 7:00 am that they could accommodate our time change. I think they are pretty flexible and their website is easy to use.

We used RomeCabs three times this summer. They picked us up from the port and transferred us to our Rome hotel, we went on a private day tour of Assisi and they transferred us to Fiumicino for our trip home.

We could not be happier with our experience with RomeCabs. They are a professional company with excellent and knowledgeable drivers.

We would not hesitate to use this company again when traveling in Italy. They are wonderful.

Terri

• 2 weeks later...

We are taking Romecab from the airport to the ship on Sunday, 8/30/15 but since we booked our air through RCCL, I thought we might take their transfer back to the airport on 9/6. The tranfers were not included and they do not appear on the website as an excursion. Does anyone know how much RCCL charges from Citiveccia to the airport? If the cost is close I just may book Romecab back.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Even if you have to pay a bit more than a ship transfer, RomeCabs is worth it in my opinion. We booked transfers with them airport to hotel, hotel to port and port to airport. They were very visible holding a sign with our name at the airport and cruiseport.....something you really appreciate after a long day of travelling!

Very well dressed, courteous drivers and a clean Mercedes to travel to our destination. Much better than sitting on a bus waiting for 40 other people to get on!

• 4 weeks later...

We used RomeCabs 3 times on our recent trip for transfers. The 3 drivers were all prompt, polite, and good drivers. Their vehicles were clean and in good condition. It was a pleasure using the RomeCabs service. I would use them again if I am back in Italy.

We were in Rome for five days in September and used RomeCabs twice...first for transfer from FCO to our hotel and then from our hotel to the port. We found their service to be excellent. Drivers were on time, personable, and very helpful.

We booked a van for eight for transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia for this year's Emerald Princess TA with RomeCabs and the total cost was €210...that's €26,25 per person!

It's much more convenient than using a cruise line's transfer service because we were picked up at our hotel and didn't have to trek to a meeting point, and we departed on our schedule.

We will be in Rome again in June 2016 and will definitely use RomeCabs again.

Lew

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from our stay in Rome and have used Romecabs for both transfers having first read about them on Cruise Critic. The service from both drivers was exceptional - the vehicles spotless and comfortable, pick ups were perfectly timed and above all the drivers were very friendly and helpful. We have no doubt that we will use this company again and would not hesitate recommending it to anyone else. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We used RomeCabs on a recent transfer to Civitacecchia for a TA on the Zuiderdam (Oct. 21). Our driver was great. There were three separate hotel pick-ups, each one presenting some challenges -- one was a narrow street where it was difficult to stop, another a large busy hotel where the parking was congested and it was difficult finding the people to be picked up. He handled all of these challenges in a professional, good-humoured manner, and dropped us off right at the port, on time. A very stress-free way to get to the port. For eight passengers and three pick-ups, cost per person was 26.25 euros. Would definitely hire them again.

• 2 weeks later...

We used RomeCabs twice on a recent Med Cruise. First, they picked up 6 of us (put group together on CC) at the Rome Airport Hilton at 9 AM--they were a bit early. We had a lot of luggage and they had a large van. Then we had the morning to get our first taste of Italy. Our fantastic driver, Jean-Lucca, first took us to Lake Bracciano and the town of Anguilliaria. There was a little weekend market, some sweet cafes, and a wonderful place to stroll by the gorgeous lake. We had some gelati and coffee and then headed to the Castle (Catello Odescalchi di Bracciano). It is best known these days for where Tom Cruise was married, but it is really amazing and there are some great stories of historic events there. Stunning view of the lake from the towers. Then we had a really special lunch in the town of Ceri, which served all local food and season ingredients. Next was an easy transfer to the ship after a very scenic ride that took us out of Jet Lag and into cruising mode. We all agreed it was the best way to get to the ship in Civitaveccia and was reasonable as well.

We also booked RomeCabs for a tour from the port of Salerno. We loved the husband/wife team of Giovanni (driver) and Rossana (Pompeii licensed guide). She stayed with us for the whole trip--a bonus as we had only paid for a Pompeii guide. They are a great team! They planned our stops wisely with a coffee break in the charming town of Amalfi, a drive along the Amalfi Coast, free time to shop and have lunch in Sorrento, and a very informative tour of Pompeii. Our group of 6 was very comfy and it was the right size for getting the most out of each location. Can't say enough about the great service and wonderful drivers. Also their communication prior was superb as our group kept changing and they had it all organized.

They came highly recommended by our travel agent and I would agree they are the best.

We used RomeCabs twice on a recent Med Cruise. First, they picked up 6 of us (put group together on CC) at the Rome Airport Hilton at 9 AM--they were a bit early. We had a lot of luggage and they had a large van. Then we had the morning to get our first taste of Italy. Our fantastic driver, Jean-Lucca, first took us to Lake Bracciano and the town of Anguilliaria. There was a little weekend market, some sweet cafes, and a wonderful place to stroll by the gorgeous lake. We had some gelati and coffee and then headed to the Castle (Catello Odescalchi di Bracciano). It is best known these days for where Tom Cruise was married, but it is really amazing and there are some great stories of historic events there. Stunning view of the lake from the towers. Then we had a really special lunch in the town of Ceri, which served all local food and season ingredients. Next was an easy transfer to the ship after a very scenic ride that took us out of Jet Lag and into cruising mode. We all agreed it was the best way to get to the ship in Civitaveccia and was reasonable as well.

We also booked RomeCabs for a tour from the port of Salerno. We loved the husband/wife team of Giovanni (driver) and Rossana (Pompeii licensed guide). She stayed with us for the whole trip--a bonus as we had only paid for a Pompeii guide. They are a great team! They planned our stops wisely with a coffee break in the charming town of Amalfi, a drive along the Amalfi Coast, free time to shop and have lunch in Sorrento, and a very informative tour of Pompeii. Our group of 6 was very comfy and it was the right size for getting the most out of each location. Can't say enough about the great service and wonderful drivers. Also their communication prior was superb as our group kept changing and they had it all organized.

They came highly recommended by our travel agent and I would agree they are the best.

I did that tour you did also but on our port day in civitavecchia. We had done 5 nights in Rome pre cruise embark on Venice

Only on our tour we had stefano himself!!! The man the myth the legend!! Lol We have requested him for our day tours for years but you must request him months and months in advance. Stefano is an Etruscan buff and for our tour in addition to what you did he brought us to the Etruscan tomb site. Very very interesting and well worth it.

I loved the castle but he couldn't get us on an English tour so he came with us on the italian tour and translated. We loved it as it allowed my kids to really utilize their italian language skills and have an interpreter too...just in case. Lol

I love Italy. I pray it doesn't morph away though.

We also had the pleasure of meeting Stefano in person…… alas not for a tour but for our transfer from our hotel in Rome to the port.

Even so, he was charming, professional and he so loves what he does ! He stopped on the way at a beautiful area that overlooks the whole of Rome and proceeded to give us some wonderful tidbits of information that we had not previously known…… you can tell he loves his city and sharing it with others.

We have always used this company and will continue to do so in the future (we have our next trip to Rome - our 6th - for next Sept. - Cant wait :D

We also had the pleasure of meeting Stefano in person…… alas not for a tour but for our transfer from our hotel in Rome to the port.

Even so, he was charming, professional and he so loves what he does ! He stopped on the way at a beautiful area that overlooks the whole of Rome and proceeded to give us some wonderful tidbits of information that we had not previously known…… you can tell he loves his city and sharing it with others.

We have always used this company and will continue to do so in the future (we have our next trip to Rome - our 6th - for next Sept. - Cant wait :D

We have summer 16 in the back of our minds but not so sure ATM.

One kid will be studying abroad there in July

One kid studying at home form medical licensing so not all that available

One kid in a fellowship with no paid time off but may come though

One spouse with a hernia

So me and the youngest maybe?

Hmmm. We are used to enjoying a nice long 3 week trip en masse....

Haven't checked airfare though and that will make a big difference in July.

We shall see....hopefully Italy won't change much in the next few years. After that it's anyone's guess. I'm a realist unfortunately

We used RomeCabs on a recent transfer to Civitacecchia for a TA on the Zuiderdam (Oct. 21). Our driver was great. There were three separate hotel pick-ups, each one presenting some challenges -- one was a narrow street where it was difficult to stop, another a large busy hotel where the parking was congested and it was difficult finding the people to be picked up. He handled all of these challenges in a professional, good-humoured manner, and dropped us off right at the port, on time. A very stress-free way to get to the port. For eight passengers and three pick-ups, cost per person was 26.25 euros. Would definitely hire them again.

We will be staying in Rome four nights pre cruise in May. Planning to use Rome Cabs for our transfer to port from hotel. On our roll call there is a couple staying near the Colleseum and we are near Campo de Fiori. Thinking about asking if they or anyone wants to share transfer or just do it alone. Our hotel is on a narrow street and not sure of other location. Was it difficult getting vehicle down that street? Also do any of you know if Rome Cabs can pick up a couple in Rome central AND outside the center of Rome and take all to port? I would think it would be more difficult and time consuming? I probably would have to contact them. How far in advance would we have to reserve considering more than one pickup?

Thanks for any info.

We will be staying in Rome four nights pre cruise in May. Planning to use Rome Cabs for our transfer to port from hotel. On our roll call there is a couple staying near the Colleseum and we are near Campo de Fiori. Thinking about asking if they or anyone wants to share transfer or just do it alone. Our hotel is on a narrow street and not sure of other location. Was it difficult getting vehicle down that street? Also do any of you know if Rome Cabs can pick up a couple in Rome central AND outside the center of Rome and take all to port? I would think it would be more difficult and time consuming? I probably would have to contact them. How far in advance would we have to reserve considering more than one pickup?

Thanks for any info.

The vehicle they used was a van for 8 -- and there was no problem in it getting up the street. The driver was just worried about stopping and blocking traffic, so he parked at the end of the street and walked up to make sure we were all ready to go and had our bags outside the hotel, then he drove up, loaded us up, and there was no problem. If your pick-ups are farther apart than our's were, I don't think it would be an issue. Rome Cabs waived the extra pick-up charge for our three stops, but they might add it one of your stops is outside the city. You can specify when you want the first pick-up, so if it takes longer to do your stops, you can just allow for that when you schedule. Hope this helps.

The vehicle they used was a van for 8 -- and there was no problem in it getting up the street. The driver was just worried about stopping and blocking traffic, so he parked at the end of the street and walked up to make sure we were all ready to go and had our bags outside the hotel, then he drove up, loaded us up, and there was no problem. If your pick-ups are farther apart than our's were, I don't think it would be an issue. Rome Cabs waived the extra pick-up charge for our three stops, but they might add it one of your stops is outside the city. You can specify when you want the first pick-up, so if it takes longer to do your stops, you can just allow for that when you schedule. Hope this helps.

Yes this helps immensely, thanks so much. Have not set this up yet so don't know if it will be just the two of us or possibly 6. Will contact them and get further info. I think it best to just do pickups for those in hotels located closer together.

• 2 months later...

Would just like to confirm what others have said about RomeCabs. We booked them for two transfers after a cruise in 2013 and used them again last week whilst on a short visit to Rome.

On each occasion the drivers have been wonderful, the cars clean and spacious and the overall service perfect! A completely stress free way to travel whilst in Rome. Can't recommend them highly enough!