Cabana rentals on Castaway Cay

californiamomof2

The rumors I've seen on various Disney related blogs & forums is that they will be available to rent no sooner then October, with prices available in September. However, those rumors also say the price is $499 per cabana for up to six people. If that's true, that's too steep for me, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

• 4 weeks later...

I called today for our April, 2011 cruise and was told that they would be $499 and hold up to six people. They also said that they could only be reserved when you board the ship, not ahead of time. Perhaps the suites get first crack at them. It sounds nice, but not quite $499 nice.

Kate

Nice idea, but can anyone confirm the price?!

I will be traveling with a group of 4 adults, 2 kiddos.... (3yr olds), and I think this would be nice, but if it's $500 extra, forget it..

Got to love Mickey Mouse taking all of your cruise spending money....

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/09/private-cabanas-at-disney-cruise-lines-castaway-cay-open/

This link is to an Orlando Sentinel article that confirms the cabanas opened on 9/21 at a cost of $499.

I'm amazed that people will pay that much for what they are getting with this. :eek: But knowing my beloved Disney they will hype this so that the waiting list for reservations is a mile long!!

Our most recent day at Castaway Cay was overcast with off and on thunder & lightening. I could have kicked myself for renting floats online ahead of time. I can imagine how I would've felt if I'd paid for a cabana.

• 5 months later...

I just came off the Disney Dream this morning. The concierge rooms get first dibs on the cabanas, so if you are not in a concierge room you have to wait until you get on board and get on a waiting list. We got on the list, but they only had 1 cabana left on the adult beach and I have 2 young boys so we needed the family beach. So we did not get a cabana. I think $499 is way to much, we were on carnival last year and I though the price was more like $250, much more reasonable.

Castaway Cay was beautiful though, we had a great day without the cabana, and were able to rent floats and kayaks right on the beach, so no need to reserve those in advance, there were plenty.

Archived