help with tours

MarciAnn

We will leave the Amalfi Coast to others since we always DIY in that region (and everywhere else in Italy).

But as to Santa Margherita we assume you mean Santa Margherita Ligure. Finding private guides in this town is probably not so easy. And you might want to reconsider the idea of even taking a tour. Most folks in this area will head over to Portfino which is a very small (and walkable) village. It only takes a couple of hours to walk around Portofino (more time if you shop) and there are also plenty of cafes/restaurants. I cannot imagine what a professional guide can add to Portofino other then to say things like "this is a boutique," "this is a cafe," "this is a nice view."

As an aside, the first time DW and I went to Portofino (we were on a long driving vacation in Italy at the time) we were walking along the cities pier and passed a gorgeous white yacht that must have been over 150 feet long. The crew were all impeccably dressed in starched whites and the boat was spotless. DW and I stopped to chat with a crewman (who was on the pier checking the lines) and we asked about the boat. It turned out to be a Charter Boat that went for about $10,000 a day. And he also confided that they only had 2 passengers aboard that week who were Debbie Reynolds and Ava Gabor who were ashore for lunch (and we did not see them that day).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner