Salt Grill Price

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We just completed the j522 cruise from Singapore to Brisbane, via semerang, Bali, Dili, Komodo island, alotau & doing island in PNG. Great cruise. We ate at all the restaurants on p&o jewel, and dinner at salt was the highlight, well worth the extra fee, the meals at salt restaurant just blew us away. Also do try Luna, it's nice too.

• 2 weeks later...

P & O is charging far too much for everything these days, and an extra $49 pp for dinner at Salt Grill is too much when you have basically already paid for dinner as part of your fare. To give you an example, Salt Grill at the Hilton in Surfers Paradise does a 2 course dinner with a glass of wine for $49pp. No doubt the food is great but the lines keep pushing up the specialty dining. They used to be ten buck extra; now some want $50+.

• 1 month later...

we did the cruise with P&o jewel departing Singapore June this year, then semerang, Komodo Island, Bali, Timor Leste, then 2 stops in PNG.

We dined at the waterfront restaurant most nights, and food was good, no complaints from me. On night we dined at Luna restaurant- excellent dining, then another night we paid $49 each to dine at Luke mangan's restaurant called 'salt' - the food was excellent & worth the fee to dine there, in addition there are less people, hence a more ' intimate dining' experience for my wife & I.

I have a saying, " life is too short not to go out & enjoy oneself" - therefore we dined all over the jewel, did shore excursions at every port except doini Island, where everyone went swimming in beautiful aqua blue water.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with your "saying", Life is too short not to enjoy yourself. My husband and I love to try all the other restaurants when we cruise. Luna is lovely as is Salt. We also enjoyed the Chef's table, which I think from memory was $99pp but in our opinion, well worth the money as each course is paired with wine

Widebay, I see you went to PNG on your cruise. Do you need a visa for that?

Sue

we did the cruise with P&o jewel departing Singapore June this year, then semerang, Komodo Island, Bali, Timor Leste, then 2 stops in PNG.

We dined at the waterfront restaurant most nights, and food was good, no complaints from me. On night we dined at Luna restaurant- excellent dining, then another night we paid $49 each to dine at Luke mangan's restaurant called 'salt' - the food was excellent & worth the fee to dine there, in addition there are less people, hence a more ' intimate dining' experience for my wife & I.

I have a saying, " life is too short not to go out & enjoy oneself" - therefore we dined all over the jewel, did shore excursions at every port except doini Island, where everyone went swimming in beautiful aqua blue water.

• 2 months later...

I was on the Pacific Dawn to PNG recently, and decided to try the Salt Grill. Bad mistake! Service was good. Steaks were tough and stringy. I did complain as did my partner and were asked if we wanted another steak!!

So no I would Not recommend the Salt Grill, but I would recommend the Luna Japanese restaurant.

Just got off Pacific Pearl and as others have mentioned, $50 cover charge but if you want oysters they are an extra $2 each and lobsters an extra $22 each. Pricey and I wasn't a fan of the food - Too salty (yes I know its called "Salt Grill" but was too strong for my taste).

cya

• 3 weeks later...

Strange, our dinner in salt grill was the dining highlight of our cruise from Singapore to Brisbane. I guess some people may find the food good & others not so good, as they say, each to there own.

• 3 weeks later...