Mosquitos on Grand Turks in May?

crusin fools

Hi everyone..Does anyone know if Grand Turks has an issue with mosquitos during the month of May?... a seasoned cruiser told me that I should watch out for the mosquitos around that time....so i figured I asked the members if they encountered anything like that:confused:

Lorna

Hi everyone..Does anyone know if Grand Turks has an issue with mosquitos during the month of May?... a seasoned cruiser told me that I should watch out for the mosquitos around that time....so i figured I asked the members if they encountered anything like that:confused:

Lorna

I don't remember mosquitos at all in Grand Turk (or Grand Cayman or HMC), and mosquitos just LOVE me! :p

It's the mountainous, rain-forest sort of islands you need to worry about, I think. We had lots and mosquitos in Jamaica and St. Thomas/St. John. That was in May, 2003.

We were there in June of '06 and I don't recall any mosquito issues. However, whenever we travel we always pack a bottle of repellant that includes DEET. When we did a cave tubing excursion in Belize we had the only bottle on the bus ... and gladly shaed it with others. DEET is the secret.

Archived