MERO Beech...Any information please

Louand66

Hi all,

Just wondered if anybody has anybody been to this beech. How far is it from the ship. Taxi or Bus and approx cost would be great.

Does it have chairs and umbrellas and if so how much are they.

Also are there any other beeches that anybody would recommend on Dominica.

Many thanks in advance for any help or information.

Happy Cruising....

Thanks

Lou

Hi all,

Just wondered if anybody has anybody been to this beech. How far is it from the ship. Taxi or Bus and approx cost would be great.

Does it have chairs and umbrellas and if so how much are they.

Also are there any other beeches that anybody would recommend on Dominica.

Many thanks in advance for any help or information.

Happy Cruising....

Thanks

Lou

Mero beach locates about 20 min drive from the port.

You can rent chairs and umbrella, I don't remember price exactly ( sorry), it was tipical price- a few dollars per day.

Our tour included a couple of hours there, apperently Mero is best beach for cruise people.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dominica is not really a beach destination. Mero beach is quite a drive out, and you would need to share a taxi. There are no buses that easily go there. It is a black sand beach and very hot on the feet and hot to sit there, even if the water feels cool sometimes. But that is your only option for a beach on Dominica. Dominica is more about the people, the waterfalls, the river tubing, the lush forests, hot bathes, etc. than the beaches. The Botanical Gardens are not like what we are used to - mostly trees with a main road going through the area - more like a park, with very few flowers. I am going back to Dominica in two weeks, but will not bother going to the beach, as I don't feel it is worth the drive/cost and I do not enjoy black, course, sand beaches.

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

My Sisters Tours is great. Used Helen on our last cruise and did a tour on the way to Mero beach. Loved it. I liked the black sand beach. It was different. She waited for us until we were ready to go back to the ship. Going back in Mar and thinking of going back there !!! We had a great meal there too!

I was in Dominica last month. It's a lovely island but as Merrilyanne rightly says above, it's not about the beaches. Mero beach is about as good as it gets but it's not really worth going if you just want a day at the beach. However, we rented a car and drove up the west coast of the island, all the way past Mero and beyond until we got to Fort Shirley which is well worth seeing, almost as good as Brimstone Fort on St Kitts. I think they shot one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies up there. It's remarkably beautiful and unspoiled.