Champagne reef

Mr.Sunshine

I'm interested in snorkeling at champagne reef, however paying a tour company to drive me to a beach where I can swim to it on my own seems outrageous.(I have all my own gear) Has anyone hired a cab and gone on their own

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were in Dominica a couple of weeks ago. Walked into town as our ship was at the out of town facility, and got on a minibus to Scots Head to snorkel. Cost is minimal - EC or US. We by-passed Champagne Reef which was rammed, and had a great time snorkelling the reef at Scots Head - a lovely drive down and the reef is much better than a few years ago when we were last there. If you go on a minibus in Dominica you say hello to everyone as you get on, and when you want to stop, shout out 'stopping' in a Caribbean accent. Great fun. The minibus stop is not far from Fort Young Hotel, but I can't be more specific than that. You can always ask someone but be aware some people will try to get you to get an expensive taxi instead. If you want to snorkel Champagne, the bus will also stop there on the way back and you can catch another - they are very frequent - I guess every half hour or so. Have fun!