Best place to watch ships in Galveston???

Next year will be the first time that I will be sailing out of Galveston and in the past I have always enjoyed getting up early and watch our cruise ship sail into port.

Does anybody have any suggestions on ideal places and are the arrival times similar to other ports (5:30?).

Yes!

Go east on Seawall to ship channel and park there or continue on to east beach and you can watch boat cruising in from Gulf from either place. :D

Then drive back to port (Harborside),

and watch from dock in front of New Olympia Grill and Willie G's which are on port and then watch ship come in there and dock.:D

Yes!

Go east on Seawall to ship channel and park there or continue on to east beach and you can watch boat cruising in from Gulf from either place. :D

Then drive back to port (Harborside),

and watch from dock in front of New Olympia Grill and Willie G's which are on port and then watch ship come in there and dock.:D

Thanks for the great information! I looked up those locations on the map and it looks perfect!

Thanks again... That is all great advice. Maybe you guys can help me with this: I am trying to find a time table and figure out what would be the best time to watch the ships arrive. In my past experience it varies between 5:00-6:30 am. I browsed the port of Galveston website and came up empty. :confused: Can you direct me to a website that does have these time tables or know off the top of your head when would be an ideal time?

Thanks!

Thanks again... That is all great advice. Maybe you guys can help me with this: I am trying to find a time table and figure out what would be the best time to watch the ships arrive. In my past experience it varies between 5:00-6:30 am. I browsed the port of Galveston website and came up empty. :confused: Can you direct me to a website that does have these time tables or know off the top of your head when would be an ideal time?

Thanks!

The Conquest will arrive in the channel at about 6 or 6:15 and be at the dock at pier 1 at 6:30. Captain Massimo Marino is a very predictable' date=' very disciplined gentleman.[/color']

The Ecstasy typically makes her way into the channel between 7:15 and 8:00 AM...

:)

I watched the CarnivalEcstasy depart (not arrive) in Galveston on March 16th! I was at the pier right next to the Harbor House. It was kind of hard to see the Ecstasy after one of the tour boats came in, but once Carnival Ecstasy pulled out, we could see her clearly, and she was huge, and sailed away right in front of us!!! I have some pictures of her on Youtube!

And Voyager of the Seas will be about twice as large!

I watched the CarnivalEcstasy depart (not arrive) in Galveston on March 16th! I was at the pier right next to the Harbor House. It was kind of hard to see the Ecstasy after one of the tour boats came in, but once Carnival Ecstasy pulled out, we could see her clearly, and she was huge, and sailed away right in front of us!!! I have some pictures of her on Youtube!
And Voyager of the Seas will be about twice as large!

4Watch from dock in front of New Olympia Grill and Willie G's which are on port and then watch ship come in there and dock.

The Harbor House Hotel houses the New Olympia Grill [/size][/color]

Archived