Pearl wedding, cabana

huh

My niece just got married on the Pearl 1-6-13. The experience was about as painless as any wedding can be. We were asked to be at the dock at 10:30 am. We were at the meet at the entrance by the wedding coordinator/officiant. (I have no idea if she was an ordained minister or not but apparently she did have the authority to conduct a wedding.) We were whisked through security and then through NCL check-in. It helped that we were literally the 1st ones through the line. The coordinator then tooks us all to a separate waiting area. As soon as the ship was cleared we were allowed to board.

Our group had 5 cabins and 2 were ready for us, one for the males and one for the females. The actual cerimony took place prior to the ship leaving the port in the chapel. While the chapel was small all 13 of us did fit. As part of the package NCL had 2 photographers. What was cool was that after the ceremony the photographers took the wedding party around various places on the ship for pictures. My niece and her husband have some very unique wedding pictures.

As I stated above, this was baout as painless as any wedding can be. Everything was very organized. I was also surprised that much of the ship's staff, including the room stewards were aware of the wedding.

We also rented a cabana on GSK. One reason is that like Woody Allen, my wife doesn't burn, she strokes. I thought it was well worth the money and would do it again in a heartbeat. Once you factor in the 50.00 food/drink credit, the fruit plate and chips and salsa along withthe floating mats, it's not a bad deal. In addition each cabana has a fridge with water and towels are provided so that means less to schlep from the ship.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the above, or any questions about the Pearl.

Haha! I got married on the Dawn last summer and I love your description of the process being about as painless as a wedding can be :) I completely agree. It was perfect for us, and looking back I can't imagine us having any other kind of wedding. I hope your niece feels the same! At least in our case (in Boston) the officiant told us he was both a minister and a justice of the peace and gave us the option of which was we wanted him to introduce himself at the wedding. Not sure if they're all like that though.

Archived