But wait -- I might need that!

We are leaving for the airport in about an hour. Headed to New York for a few days pre cruise before sailing on the Summit on Sunday.

So I'm a planner -- lists and spreadsheets for everything. That being the case, why is it after I'm all packed and checklists have been checked and bags are zipped and security band fastened, there is always a thing or two that I have to add? This trip it was one extra pair of capris and a sweater.

Anyone else afflicted with this syndrome?

We are leaving for the airport in about an hour. Headed to New York for a few days pre cruise before sailing on the Summit on Sunday.

So I'm a planner -- lists and spreadsheets for everything. That being the case, why is it after I'm all packed and checklists have been checked and bags are zipped and security band fastened, there is always a thing or two that I have to add? This trip it was one extra pair of capris and a sweater.

Anyone else afflicted with this syndrome?

That is your "just in case outfit". I do that some times too. Wear it and enjoy you cruise.

I definitely suffer from this!

I usually have half the suitcase filled with clothes on my packing list and the other half has stuff "I might need" (which grows each day before I close the case:o).

Wishing you a wonderful cruise on Sunday:)

But nope, I am not in this category..once I a done packing (I do sometimes

do a dry run) but once my final packing is done....I am done. If there

is something left out? Oh well, that's life.......(for me anyway).

Sometimes I pack far enough ahead that I forget what I have packed and add extra items at the last minute. I ended up with 8 pairs of shoes and sandals for a two and a half week trip last month. Luckily we were driving so no worries about the 50 pound limit.

Marti2282, I'm glad it worked out for you, but I want to make sure that others know that almost all short term apartment rentals in NYC are ILLEGAL. The city is cracking down on this activity, so it's very risky.

I travel a lot (no cruise yet). I usually end up with two outfits for each day (most are business trips nowadays so business outfit and then after hours outfit) and a warmer and colder outfit just in case those random weather days happen. It's usually not after I have packed that I added it because I usually don't start until a couple days before.

I always have "I might need that". I have been traveling for over 50 years and each and every problem I now pack a solution to it. I help a lot of people out because I have the bandaid and the elastic bandage, and the stain remover stick and the paper clip and the various over the counter stuff that you need at 3AM. I share!:p Others we travel with brag about how light they travel but they are the very ones that need something I carry with us! Sometimes a little item like a large plastic bag saves your clothes from the wet stone you need to lean against and then becomes the picnic table and then carries the trash out. Some of us just born that way. Enjoy it!

Packing lists help me. But sometimes I lock the case so I can't get any more in there. It's OK -- your one of those.