Jan & Feb Cruises

cew2

Has anyone ever cruised in Jan or Feb doing the eastern carr. I am trying to pick a time for our first disney cruise! is it warm enough for the pools are the waters rough?

We always cruise the first week of February, and to me it's a perfect time of year. It's warm enough, but not so warm that you're on the verge of heatstroke or anything. But sometimes it can be cool -- one time at Castaway Cay it was overcast and misting on and off, and it was pretty chilly. Kept me out of the water, but sure didn't stop my son! :)

It's also a great time of year to me because every kid isn't out of school, there are no major holidays going on (except President's Week, which is some odd east coast thing), and there just aren't as many people in port at one time.

Just know that January and February are the most likely times that the ship might not be able to dock at Castaway Cay, due to wind/wave conditions. It hasn't happened to us, but statistically that is the time of year it's most likely to happen.

I guess the waters are more rough that time of year too, but I'm one of those people who is happier when there is more motion. I like to know I'm actually on a ship -- otherwise I'd just stay at a hotel for a week. :) But I'm the minority, I know. Maybe I was a pirate or a sailor in another life. LOL :p

-gina-

Watch for the dates when prices sky rocket, School vacations often are in February and you go from low to high season. We have sailed November, December, January and February and April on Disney and didn't notice any major difference in the weather except while in Florida, the caribbean always seemed to be around 78-84, the sun is hot though, much stronger than here. We have been lucky and have made it to CC on each of our trips, others have not been so fortunate.

We cruised at the end of January this year and the weather was fine, even on Castaway Cay - a little cool, a little breezy but no humidity which for us being from Southern California was important. The water at Castaway Cay wasn't bathwater warm but it wasn't too chilly to keep any of us on the beach.

As Honeydog mentioned, when you see the prices go up, some school some where is having a holiday. We took the grandkids out of school for 7 days, took their homework along, and would do it again in a heartbeat - few crowds, great (for Disney) prices, and fine weather.

Katink

Archived