Disney Visa OBC beverage package

metairiegal

Ok, so we have the $50 Disney Visa on-board credit beverage package. We are not really drinkers and since sodas are free, what else can we use this credit for? Dh drinks coffee, but I do not. (And, we are not ones to drink during the big shows.)

Are there any drinks that come in souvenir glasses that we can order with the beverage credits?

Ok, so we have the $50 Disney Visa on-board credit beverage package. We are not really drinkers and since sodas are free, what else can we use this credit for? Dh drinks coffee, but I do not. (And, we are not ones to drink during the big shows.)

Are there any drinks that come in souvenir glasses that we can order with the beverage credits?

Any beverages you purchase will be eligible for the OBC. That would include the "drink of the day" (alcoholic or non-alcoholic). Even if its "just" soda in the souvenir glass, I believe it would qualify.

Please confirm this at Guest Services, but I believe it is good on any "bar item." This includes bottled water, specialty coffees/teas (like Starbucks type stuff), smoothies, and snacks outside the theatres. I know it works on everything except the theatre snacks, but since those are also charged as bar items, I think that would work as well.

How do you get that, is it something you can request?

Do you mean how do you get the credit? You must book ALL payments for your trip with your Disney Visa credit card and have your TA or DCL apply the code to your reservation. You get a little card in your room notifying you that you have the credit.

It is generally not able to be combined with other discounts or specials (like *GT bookings) from Disney. Cannot be combined with an onboard booking credit.

Do you mean how do you get the credit? You must book ALL payments for your trip with your Disney Visa credit card and have your TA or DCL apply the code to your reservation. You get a little card in your room notifying you that you have the credit.

It is generally not able to be combined with other discounts or specials (like *GT bookings) from Disney. Cannot be combined with an onboard booking credit.

Cool, thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Wow! I've been on 2 Disney cruises and paid for every penny using my Disney Visa card, but have never received the $50 Disney Visa OBC beverage card. Here's hoping that the 3rd time is the charm!

There are a couple of issues. First, the code must be entered on your reservation. Secondly, this cannot be combined with any other offer from DCL (like rebooking on board, cruising on DVC points, *GT bookings, etc). Most other "deals" are better than the Visa credit, so you'd choose to use the better one if applicable.

For many years paying for your cruise with your Disney Visa Card got you a $50 OBC . Now I guess it must be used for just beverages :-(

In any case , you must have the "code" put into your booking before sailing .

Yes, it has recently changed so that the Disney Visa credit can only be used on bar items. This does include specialty coffees and teas, smoothies, etc. as well as alcoholic beverages.

There are a couple of issues. First' date=' the code must be entered on your reservation. Secondly, this cannot be combined with any other offer from DCL (like rebooking on board, cruising on DVC points, *GT bookings, etc). Most other "deals" are better than the Visa credit, so you'd choose to use the better one if applicable.[/quote']

Thanks for this clarification. It seemed to me that since the source is different (Chase Disney Visa vs DCL) then they would not be mutually exclusive. I'll stick with my DCL $200 on-board booking OBC :D

I just got back from the Magic on Sunday and had the $50 Disney Visa credit combined with a onboard credit from Disney and a onboard credit from our TA. It all just came off the total balance, they didn't differentiate between bar items or other purchases. The only difference was that the Disney Visa credit was listed on our account summary as (Non-Refundable) where as the other two were listed as (Refundable).

We had two cabins with separate onboard credits. We were able to transfer onboard credit from one cabin to the other so that Disney actually owed us $20 at the end of the cruise. They refunded it to a Disney Rewards card that I had also applied to our onboard account.

The real question here is whether you had $100 in bar items on your bill. The current Visa offer is listed as a beverage credit, but no one has confirmed whether that is being enforced or not.

Yes, you can combine an OBC from Disney (any form of anything with the Disney name) with an OBC from an outside source (like a TA). That's never a problem. And moving the oBC is not an issue provided the cabins are fully linked. An OBC from a TA is refundable, but it is refundable to the TA (the source from which it was paid), not to the guest. THe money you got refunded to you was to the Disney Rewards card as you noted as you put more money into the account than you spent.

The order that DCL "uses" the funds is non-refundable OBC, refundable OBC, "funny money" (rewards dollars, gift cards, etc), cash, and finally will bill credit card for any balances.

I had $0 in bar charges :eek: so it was pretty much all gratuities, Mickey's Mainsail, and photos.

I asked at the front Desk and they told me that any of the unused refundable credits would go back to the original form of payment (either credit card or rewards card). In my case I had used the onboard credits so your correct that what they refunded me was the unused portion of my rewards card.