Separate curry menu

On our b2b Jewel TA and Greece cruise in April/May of this year, the head waiter brought us out a curry dish for the table just about every night that we ate in the MDR. It wasn't written out like above, but was much appreciated and delicious.

We suggested at the time they should add a nightly curry dish to the list.

They had many Indian chefs on board.....

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I have also had curry some nights by special request but it didn't come with the choice of sides. This is a great improvement.

Some years ago there was a nightly curry option as one of the entree choices but not a complete separate menu.

On our Anthem cruise in January my husband mentioned to our server that he liked curry. For the rest of the cruise the curry menu appeared on our table (along with the regular menu) and my husband often ordered something from each menu.

Beth

Bethc1952--so you wee able to actually get the curry menu on Anthem, not just have them bring the dishes? We're traveling next month with someone who is very sensitive about being treated differently, but I think the menu would work well for her. Would be great if our whole table could receive the 2 menus and then just order what we'd like--would make her feel less self conscious I think. She wouldn't want them to just bring something, so I'm really wondering about receiving the actual menu.

Thank you!

Are they giving you both the regular and Indian menus each evening?

No, only the regular one is being handed out but because Peter told us at the D event that there was this alternate menu. Our waiter is soooo excited when we order from it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, only the regular one is being handed out but because Peter told us at the D event that there was this alternate menu. Our waiter is soooo excited when we order from it!!

;p omg hope this is on the Nav next week... going to ask.. no harm in asking i guess. :eek:

Today on Anthem in WJ theme was: Indian Spice Market. This was day 3 on the 5 night.

Pork vindaloo, butter chicken, chickpea curry, naan, poppadams, tandoori chicken, some kind of chicken/veg wrap, these fried round things that were like mini samosas, a very spicy baked fish, several other items. It was great.

They also had a Mongolian grill/stir fry area.

That sounds awesome! I know they post the "theme" meal days on the compass but it seems like they put it in tiny print somewhere and I always miss it. Where did you see this theme night posted?

That sounds awesome! I know they post the "theme" meal days on the compass but it seems like they put it in tiny print somewhere and I always miss it. Where did you see this theme night posted?

It was posted in the Daily Planner on the left side where they list all the restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

37ee83f02524a58d37849b915de7d19e.jpg

And from 7/01..... I hope someone will post the menu from the earlier nights!

And my final comment from DH is " this is the best thing RCI have done since the introduction of MTD "!! High praise indeed!!!

Totally agree that this is the best thing that's happened in the MDR since MTD . This will save us money on Speciality restaurants on The TA as we get so bored with the usual menus in the MDR. Thanks so much for posting this and fingers crossed it is up and running on the TA

Hotel director Peter promises me that this is a "soft launch" this week and from next cruise it will be advertised.... and will be on all future cruises including the TA!

That's such great news. I'm so looking forward to it!!! Thanks for sharing.

We have been on many Royal cruises and ask for the curry menu, most times we pre ordered the night before. They are excellent.

Indeed. As my wife is Indian we have always requested Indian food per or TA who outs it in our record and they have always made for us, no problem. v In fact in 2008 when we were on the Adventure of the Seas there was a special RCI email address just for Indian food though I am not sure about now. In addition to RCI we have always had this request honored on Princess, NCL, X and Carnival. In fact one of the head Indian chefs on the Triumph I think told us they get so many requests on day one they always put Indian food on the first nights menu.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got of the Harmony and asked for the curry menu. The waiter said there was not one. So I asked for a meat curry. He said they could not do it. After nasty argument with him and his boss they eventually gave me a chicken curry. The following nights they provided fish,chicken and lobster curries together with chilli sauce to heat them up.

Last year on our Greek islands cruise, on Rhapsody, my DD & her fiance' were excited to find curry dishes at lunch on the 3rd day. I recalled on a RC cruise in 2010 my DH & I were seated with a family from India for dinner & they had curry dishes every night & our waiter would bring us some to try in addition to what we ordered. So I told my DD to ask our waiter, who was from India, if there was a possibility to get curry dishes. He was so excited & said he'd check. They were told it would be available for them every night, starting the next night, and he would let them know what curry dish was available before they ordered dinner. They enjoyed it for the remaining nights & the Head Waiter even brought us special Indian appetizers. Wow is all I can say!

Sent from my iPad using Forums