First time on Holland- Alaska boarding time

DnA2010

Hi All,

First time on Holland, we have booked Volendam for August out of Vancouver, so far I don't think I've seen anything regarding boarding times- any idea when we will board?

The policy is to begin boarding at 11:30 world-wide, unless there is some problem. Your Boarding Pass (1st page of your e-docs) will probably specify 1:00, which can be ignored.

Thank you for your quick replies- I wonder if it will be really crowded/take a while and we should wait a bit, or does it move easily?
Once it starts it ordinarily moves pretty smoothly. Those with priority boarding (Suites, high-star Mariners, those needing extra assistance) take 15 to 20 minutes, then they start calling groups in order of their check-ins. The initial rush is usually over by 12:15 or so.

If you are boarding in Vancouver check the cruise schedule for the port:

https://www.portvancouver.com/cruise/cruise-schedule/2017-cruise-schedule-as-of-nov-2/

If there are 2 or three ships in on your day (especially 3 ships) plan on arriving at the terminal early (10:30 or so) or between 1 and 2 pm to avoid the noon craziness. The terminal is large but get almost 10,000 passengers in there and it feels small. Security can get very backed up at the peak of the rush.

If you are boarding in Vancouver check the cruise schedule for the port:

https://www.portvancouver.com/cruise/cruise-schedule/2017-cruise-schedule-as-of-nov-2/

If there are 2 or three ships in on your day (especially 3 ships) plan on arriving at the terminal early (10:30 or so) or between 1 and 2 pm to avoid the noon craziness. The terminal is large but get almost 10,000 passengers in there and it feels small. Security can get very backed up at the peak of the rush.

Thanks! there is the Volendam and the Island Princess which is around 2000 passengers, and Volendam which is 1400 so not too bad it seems

We arrived for the Volendam on July 12th around 10:30 based on advice from cc, and were on the ship a little after 11. There were about 50 people ahead of us. After we went through luggage drop, customs, and check in we waited in the chairs for a little while but not too long.

The big surprise is that two of our three couples were upgraded from ocean views to vista balconies.

We arrived for the Volendam on July 12th around 10:30 based on advice from cc, and were on the ship a little after 11. There were about 50 people ahead of us. After we went through luggage drop, customs, and check in we waited in the chairs for a little while but not too long.

The big surprise is that two of our three couples were upgraded from ocean views to vista balconies.

Thank you! That sounds promising!

We can only dream of an upgrade- I'm sure it won't happen but we will still have a great cruise - I think our ship is sold out other than inside (which we are) and ocean view