Price comparison

JB2511

First time cruiser and I'm considering Silverseas because I've been told everything is included so it's worth it. Also, they're a good cruise line for single travelers. Is it worth the extra money to go the Silverseas route for an Alaskan Inside Passage Cruise?

Thanx, in advance!

Well there is more to it than most being included. Two restaurants, tours, spa and premium liquor is extra. Their website will explain. Compared to a main stream line the ship is much smaller with more crew per passenger so it's more internment with better service. Food quality and presentation is better. Cabins are bigger. No constant selling of products. Its worth it to me. I really can not speak to the solo aspect. Give it a try.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Well there is more to it than most being included. Two restaurants, tours, spa and premium liquor is extra. Their website will explain. Compared to a main stream line the ship is much smaller with more crew per passenger so it's more internment with better service. Food quality and presentation is better. Cabins are bigger. No constant selling of products. Its worth it to me. I really can not speak to the solo aspect. Give it a try.

Welcome to these Cruise Critic boards. Don't be shy!! Keep asking good questions. The only "bad question" is the one you do not ask.

Appreciate the excellent summary from hypercafe. Very solid and helpful. In addition, one of the big pluses with Silversea is their great selection and options as to traveling and exploring in many different parts of the world. On some cruises, such as our Lisbon to Rouen in mid June on the Silver Spirit, the added single fee is only 25%, not the doubling of cost as happens on many other cruise lines. Also on most Silversea ship tours from the four cruises we have done with this line, they do not pack the buses with 30-45 people. They also always have one of their ship staff traveling along. You do not feel like "cattle" with Silversea. The staff likes being helpful and friendly.

To get a better idea on food, entertainment, tour options, etc., check out my live/blog with lots of pictures below. Next questions?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 49,692 views for these postings.

We were on the Shadow for our Alaska cruise and the one thing we appreciated was "no line ups". This was especially evident at ports where other, larger ships were docked and we would come back to the Shadow, passing the guests from the other cruise lines who looked like they were reenacting the famous photograph scene from the White Pass in order to reboard.

It's more about what you value rather than the price paid.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am sailing Silverseas for the first time in August and I always sail solo............from everything I have heard/read I think

it is going to be an awesome experience:D

I've been told that Shore Excursions are an important part of the Alaska cruises.

Last time I checked SilverSea was testing the waters with including the excursions.

I would comparison shop Regent (excursions included) vs. SilverSea (excursions excluded).

Im sure you'll be very happy with either line's service food etc.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Quick question-- we sailed on the wind in early March and other than really fine wines, we had experienced no upcharge on any liquor. Were you talking about truly special/expensive Scotchs and bourbons or were you suggesting regular premium bar offerings like Grey goose and Genlivet 10 year old?