Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I've slogged through all 10 pages of this thread, done about a dozen searches, and hunted the X website, but I can't find anything that explains how the wine packages work in terms of how many bottles of wine are covered by the quoted price. Does anyone know?

Hello, "LilRhody." [i've always used that nickname for R.I.!]

Sorry about the fact that this "sticky" thread focuses on the four main "combination" beverage packages and neglects the wine packages. I was able to find the following information for you, which Celebrity seems not to want to lay out in detail at its Internet site, for some reason.

In a May, 2010, blog post at a travel site, I found this partial explanation:

"Celebrity also is offering its wine packages for pre-booking. These include the 'Sommelier’s Package,' the choice of a three-, five-, or seven-bottle lineup of premium international wines; a wider variety of wines available in a 'Captain’s Package' or a 'Build Your Own' wine package designed for guests who want to maximize their personal taste in wine while enjoying a discount. The 'Build Your Own' package allows wine connoisseurs to select three upper-range bottles of wine that each cost at least $75, and enjoy a 15% discount. Bottles of wine enjoyed through any of Celebrity’s wine packages can be uncorked in one onboard venue, then recorked and stored until the guest is ready to reopen them."

In a March, 2010, Q&A at another travel site, I found this (but be aware of the fact that the prices may have changed since March):

----- [Q:] "When ordering a wine beverage package, does it include all the wines listed in the package, or can I opt for just white wine if I want. How many bottles are included in the price?"

----- [A:] "You can order anything off the list. The different categories of packages (Sommelier and Captains) are available in a 3, 5 and 7 bottle packages. The Sommelier's Package is $113 for 3, $190, for 5 and $263 for 7 bottles. Captain's Package is: $148, $247 and $343. The difference in cost between the packages is based on the selections. The Captain's package has better wines."

We are going on the Solstice Sept 26 too! First time cruisers and very much welcome all advice. We were wondering if the pre-purchased package would be a good idea for us. I like red wine and my husband is a rum and diet coke kind of guy (and wine with dinner). We've booked the Aqua Class and think it will be peaceful enough for us to actually miss our six yr old :) see you on board!

Okay, after reading this whole thread I thought I had it figured out, but now I am confused.

Does either the classic alcoholic package or the premium alcoholic package include "premium" coffees? As in all the espresso based coffees, ie:Cappuccinos, Espresso Carabaico, etc.

Clay

Okay, after reading this whole thread I thought I had it figured out, but now I am confused.

Does either the classic alcoholic package or the premium alcoholic package include "premium" coffees? As in all the espresso based coffees, ie:Cappuccinos, Espresso Carabaico, etc.

Don't be confused, "poolboyclay"!

At the Celebrity site, it says that the Classic NON-Alcoholic Package includes "Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, and Non-Premium Bottled Water."

It then goes on to say that the Classic [ALCOHOLIC] Package includes everything that is in the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package (plus a lot more). Needless to say, the Premium [Alcoholic] Package includes even more.

You can verify what I've just stated here:

[http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/package/details.do;jsessionid=0000OgcZNDhGCQHC4KeZgPSFwp3:12h3rnd1c?ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&pagename=beverage_package_details ]

You're no longer confused ... right?

Edited by jg51

Clay

Jeeze...I really thought my coffee email /post would clear up coffee confusion. ;)

Lattes/espresso/machiato etc would be COVERED on the classic or premium packages....that's what celeb tells me

Hope this helps

We are going on the Solstice Sept 26 too! First time cruisers and very much welcome all advice. We were wondering if the pre-purchased package would be a good idea for us. I like red wine and my husband is a rum and diet coke kind of guy (and wine with dinner). We've booked the Aqua Class and think it will be peaceful enough for us to actually miss our six yr old :) see you on board!

Hi Pamela - this is the link to the Roll Call for the 9/26 Solstice sailing. We have quite a group going and a lot of Aqua Class people in it. :):)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1129411

jg51, you are to be complimented for the hard work in putting the original list together! We are sailing on Solstice Sep 12th and 26th and we now know what we are doing with respect to the beverage packages! Based on what we saw in the price list and the subsequent information, I'll be getting the premium and my wife will get the classic package. The nice thing is that the packages are sold in CAD for us, so we have no exchange to worry about. We are looking forward to it!! Thanks

Edited by Z3M Cruiser

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether one can buy a beverage package onboard. We're newbies doing a transatlantic on Oct 31 and while we hope be able to buy wine during the shore excursions, we'll have no options during the transatlantic part. We would prefer to buy a package as we set out across the Atlantic.

jg51, you are to be complimented for the hard work in putting the original list together! We are sailing on Solstice Sep 12th and 26th and we now know what we are doing with respect to the beverage packages! Based on what we saw in the price list and the subsequent information, I'll be getting the premium and my wife will get the classic package. The nice thing is that the packages are sold in CAD for us, so we have no exchange to worry about. We are looking forward to it!! Thanks

Hi Z3M - this is the link to the Roll Call for the 9/26 Solstice sailing. We have quite a group going and a lot of neat people in it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1129411

Hi All,

Many thanks to everyone, especially lg51 for allthe great information. It is really helpful.

We are sailing on the Constellation October 6 (first time on Celebrity) and while not big drinkers enjoy a glass or two of wine a day -- maybe a beer or cocktail once in awhile. We will be spending a few days in Barcelona before the cruise and I recall reading somewhere that passengers can bring a bottle or two of wine on board with them for drinking in the room. Is that true? Anything special one has to do when boarding?

We are looking forward to enjoying many of the local wines (probably at lunch and on our winery tour) and would like to bring some back to the ship if possible. Any help will be most appreciated.

Steve and Kathy

Many thanks to everyone, especially jg51 for all the great information. It is really helpful. ... I recall reading somewhere that passengers can bring a bottle or two of wine on board with them for drinking in the room. Is that true? Anything special one has to do when boarding? We are looking forward to enjoying many of the local wines (probably at lunch and on our winery tour) and would like to bring some back to the ship if possible.

Thank you, "sosterhaus," for your gratitude and compliments!

Concerning your wine-bottle-related questions ... I would strongly recommend that you start a new thread with these questions, because a new thread (with a descriptive title) will receive much more attention from knowledgeable members than will THIS current thread (which is only about beverage packages).

This "sticky" thread has been around for several weeks, and many members are no longer looking at it. Other members skip right past the "stickies" and look for new threads to which to respond (as yours would be). Good luck ... and enjoy your cruise!

I made a spreadsheet in Excel that helps with the evaluation of whether a drink package is good for you.

It's based on the data in the first post of this thread. If anyone is interested and you have excel I will send it to you.

If the Moderators want to evaluate this and "Sticky" it I will send to them as well.

I MAKE NO PROMISES AS TO ACCURACY, BUT IT WORKED FOR ME!!!

Clay

Guys,

Thanks to eveyone for the for their extremely useful hints and tips on this thread.

As first time cruisers the information has been invaluable. We will be sailing on the Constellation on the 12th Feb 2011 for our 25th Annivesary and can't wait.

I am sure we will get the cruising bug !!!! and are already planning our second

Whilst my wife is not a heavy drinker I have started getting her in training!! :D so that we can make use of the Preemium alcoholic Package. Just want to get value for money rather than come out on top!!!

I would like to get a copy of poolboycry's spreadsheet but do not want to post my e-mail address on this thread. Any suggestions.

Amanda & Steve

I made a spreadsheet in Excel that helps with the evaluation of whether a drink package is good for you.

It's based on the data in the first post of this thread. If anyone is interested and you have excel I will send it to you.

Hello, "poolboyclay."

I see that you used the data only from my "first post" in "this thread." Before you "finalize" your file, please incorporate a significant number of additional beverages that I found and listed in subsequent posts. Here are some direct links for you:

Post #133:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25623046&postcount=133

Post #160:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25684342&postcount=160

Also, I made a correction to #160 in #161:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25684628&postcount=161

Clay, I just checked the list of attachment types that you are allowed to upload into CruiseCritic, and ".xls" (Excel worksheet) is not one of them. [You can use such things as .doc, .jpg, .pdf, etc..] I think that you are going to have to try to disseminate your sheet via e-mail. (See below.)

I would like to get a copy of poolboycry's spreadsheet but do not want to post my e-mail address on this thread. Any suggestions. Amanda & Steve

Hello, "haggis_10000." Glad to know that you like the info.

I don't know how you can get the Excel worksheet except via e-mail. I believe that there is a facility, here at CrCr, for inviting other members to communicate privately, but I don't know how it works.

jg51 - all I can say is THANK YOU!!! You've done a great job with this thread and helping people like me work our way through all the options.

You're very welcome, "LilRhody."

Thank you so much for all the info! I don't see Budwiser products on the packages?? Do they not have it on the ship? Or is not included?

Hello, "portlandpete."

Somehow, you overlooked them in the opening post -- in the "Beer/Ale/Stout/Cider" section:

Budweiser 4.5

Bud Light 4.5

Please notice the correct spelling of "Budweiser." Maybe you tried to do a "Find" (F3) on "Budwiser."

Pamela we are on the same cruise and have opted for the Premium Beverage Package after a lot of research, mostly due to convenience. We are also in Aqua and eating at Blu and my only concern has been the somewhat limited selections of wines by the glass for $12 or less. But we are gonna take our chances and drink what they have. See you on board.

Thanks very much for the info on the drinks prices - we're first time cruisers booked on the Eclipse on 4th September to celebrate my wife's 50th, and our silver anniversary in October, and quite honestly I'm baffled by the whole thing.

So far the information with the drinks packages hasn't really been that helpful, but at least knowing what each drink costs helps in deciding if the package is worthwhile or not.

I'm happy with a few beers, and my wife usually enjoys a " dry martini and lemonade", but I can't seem to find this on the list - have I missed it somewhere?

Thanks once again

Thanks very much for the info on the drinks prices - we're first time cruisers booked on the Eclipse on 4th September to celebrate my wife's 50th, and our silver anniversary in October ... at least knowing what each drink costs helps in deciding if the package is worthwhile or not. I'm happy with a few beers, and my wife usually enjoys a "dry martini and lemonade", but I can't seem to find this on the list - have I missed it somewhere?

You're welcome, "PJ119." Congratulations to you and your wife on your anniversary.

I'm not sure if I understand the meaning of your question.

Are you asking about two separate beverages -- (1) lemonade and (2) dry martini -- and you didn't notice either one in the opening post?

If so ...

(1) lemonade is listed among the beverages for which there is no extra charge; and ...

(2) a dry martini would be one form of "Classic Martini," which is listed with a charge of $10.00.

I'm confident that you will enjoy your first cruise. It does not appear to me that you and your "better half" are in need of beverage packages.

Edited by jg51

Hello, "poolboyclay."

I see that you used the data only from my "first post" in "this thread." Before you "finalize" your file, please incorporate a significant number of additional beverages that I found and listed in subsequent posts.

Clay, I just checked the list of attachment types that you are allowed to upload into CruiseCritic, and ".xls" (Excel worksheet) is not one of them. [You can use such things as .doc, .jpg, .pdf, etc..] I think that you are going to have to try to disseminate your sheet via e-mail. (See below.)

Thanks I will add the rest of the drinks asap. Where did you find the list of acceptable files? Is .zip one of them?

Clay

I have found if you get the soda package the bar people really don't want to bother with you. They seem to want to serve the alcohol drinkers first.

Yikes! Well hopefully they'll take care of me and my alcohol package and I'll sneak my wife's soda in with the same order. :)