Wine/Alcohol List/Pricing

Jade13

Does anyone have the latest alcohol/wine list including the pricing? We will be on Maasdam.

As far as Pino Grigio do they only have Ruffino, which is what is available on-line pre-cruise and what year?

Also, is the corkage fee still $18.00 if you bring your own wine on board and into the dining room? Are they still able to save the wine for you to use over various nights, even if it is one you brought onboard?

Also do only Deluxe ("S") Suites (not BC etc) receive a bottle of wine, and what brand has it been.

Thanks.

The Corkage few is still $18 per bottle to be opened in the dining room and all lounges/bars.

Yes -- they will still tag and store a bottle for you for the next evening in the dining room.

Only the Deluxe Suites get a free bottle of champagne compliments of the Hotel Manager and the Captain. All we have been getting is Pol Clemente Brut.

I only have a current Alcohol list.

You can buy alocohol for room consumption.

Price list that you can either order from Ship Services (1-800-541-1576) or from room service when you get on the ship or from HAL online under indulgences.

Note: 15% gratuity included:

Alcohol and Spirits -- the Alcohol bottles are 1 liter size.

VODKA: CHOPIN $70.15

VODKA: STOLICHNAYA $29.90

VODKA: ABSOLUT - CITRON $32.20

VODKA: SMIRNOFF $27.60

VODKA: SKYY $28.75

VODKA: ABSOLUT $32.20

VODKA: GREY GOOSE $69.00

VODKA: FINLANDIA $29.90

VODKA: BELVEDERE $70.15

VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING $35.65

Kahlua $36.80

Vodka & Tonic Package $34.50

One bottle of Smirnoff or Stolichnaya, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

Bourbon & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Jim Beam, 3 Cans of Coke

Rum & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Bacardi, 3 cans of Coke

SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM no price found

SHERRY: TIO PEPE $57.50

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD $34.50

COGNAC: HENNESSY VS $93.15

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN VSOP $97.75

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN XO $225.40

WHISKEY - IRISH: JAMESON $42.55

Cutty Sark $32.20

WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB $32.20

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O. $29.90

WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL $42.55

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7 $29.90

Scotch & Soda Package $36.80

One bottle of Cutty Sark, 3 Cans of Soda Water

Gin & Tonic Package $36.80

One bottle Beefeaters Gin, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

6-pack Bud Light domestic beer no price found

6-pack Miller Lite domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Amstel Light imported beer $23.00

6-pack Corona imported beer $23.00

6-pack Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Heineken imported beers $23.00

Sherry Harvey's Med - $57.50

6pack (Domestic) Budweiser, Bud Light - $21.85

3 X soft drinks (any soda) - $4.89

All minibar Liquor Items, each - $5.69

Missed Whiskey/Scotch:

Jim Beam - $34.50

J&B Rare, Johnnie Walker Red - $36.80

Ballentine's - $40.25

Dewars - $48.30

Jack Daniels - $55.20

Chivas Regal (12yrs) - $66.70

Johnnie Walker Black - $77.05

GIN:

Beefeater - $32.20

Tanqueray - $41.40

Bombay Sapphire - $42.55

LIQUEURS:

Kahlua, Southern Comfort - $36.80

Bailey's Irish Cream - $46.00

Sambuca (Opal Nera Black) - $47.15

Tia Maria - $49.45

Amaretto - $51.75

Cointreau - $55.20

Drambuie - $58.65

Grand Marnier - $74.75

RUM:

Myers - $32.20

Bacardi Gold - $34.50

Bacardi White - $35.65

The Corkage few is still $18 per bottle to be opened in the dining room and all lounges/bars.

Yes -- they will still tag and store a bottle for you for the next evening in the dining room.

Thank you for all the info!

They do not charge you a second corkage fee if they bring the wine back the next night, or do they?

Does anyone know what the Bon Voyage White wine is for $21.85? Noting that the corkage fee would be $18.00 for a wine that I brought myself, if drinkable, this white wine could be brought to the dining room and is only approx $5.50 per glass (assumming 4 glasses per bottle).

How much is the house wine per glass?

If I bring my own wine to the dining room, I know they will charge me $18.00 corkage fee. But will they hold the bottle & bring it back to me another night even if I didn't buy it from them?

If I bring my own wine to the dining room, I know they will charge me $18.00 corkage fee. But will they hold the bottle & bring it back to me another night even if I didn't buy it from them?

Yes :D Or you can bring it with you and finish it off in a lounge or in your room. Once you've paid the corkage fee, it is the same as if you had bought the bottle from them.

On a recent cruise to Alaska, we stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Seattle. There was a QFC grocery store one block away where I bought a couple of bottles of wine and carried them on the ship for drinking in our cabin. Some of the items in the cabin refrigerator had to be removed to make room for the bottles.

We always travel with our wine and just returned from a week on the Zaandam last week Anchorage to Vancouver. Surprised to find that we did not have a refrigerator in our cabin. However, our steward left us plenty of ice each day so that we could chill a bottle if we were having white that evening.

How do people have some left over to save? A novel idea that doesn't seem to work for us. Ha!

I think this is what you are looking for :)

The list is from last year, but it should be pretty close to actual prices now!

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2009/11/menu-from-mix-currently-on-veendam.html

If you click on the pictures, they will get bigger and legible! The wines are listed in the last three pictures.

Christine, thanks so much for posting the wine prices. I am amazed at the prices vs the quality. The only good buy IMO was the Silver Oak Cab and that was $98. Also, I did not see many of my favorite wines so that may mean they are more pricey and not on the MDR list. I think I will take advantage of the BYOW and pay the corkage fee, if we drink it in the MDR. Other cruisers have recommended Total Wine in Ft Lauderdale near the port. That is so convenient for our cruise. On the other hand the Vodka prices seem tolerable and since we can't bring it on, we may buy some on the ship.

Andrea

The concept of having wine left over eludes me...

My favorite quote from The Count of Monte Cristo:

"It is no use," said the old man, "there is no wine."

"What, no wine?" said Dantes, turning pale

My DH does not drink, and I would not have 4 glasses at one meal.

We always travel with our wine and just returned from a week on the Zaandam last week Anchorage to Vancouver. Surprised to find that we did not have a refrigerator in our cabin. However' date=' our steward left us plenty of ice each day so that we could chill a bottle if we were having white that evening.

How do people have some left over to save? A novel idea that doesn't seem to work for us. Ha![/quote']

The Inside and OV on the older/smaller ships do not have a refrigerator but you can rent one for $2.00 per day, which is what we do when we stay in an OV.

Thank you for all the info!

They do not charge you a second corkage fee if they bring the wine back the next night, or do they?

Does anyone know what the Bon Voyage White wine is for $21.85? Noting that the corkage fee would be $18.00 for a wine that I brought myself, if drinkable, this white wine could be brought to the dining room and is only approx $5.50 per glass (assumming 4 glasses per bottle).

How much is the house wine per glass?

Don't rely absolutely on posted wine lists. They often change and it isn't unusual for them to be out of a particular wine for an entire cruise. We have a few favorite wines and several were unavailable. One red we like, we ordered the first night and lucky we did as we got the last bottle.

I was drinking wine by the glass at the lounges but brand name and it was $9 per glass. I think the 'house' is probably about $7.

Does anyone have the latest alcohol/wine list including the pricing? We will be on Maasdam.

As far as Pino Grigio do they only have Ruffino, which is what is available on-line pre-cruise and what year?

Also, is the corkage fee still $18.00 if you bring your own wine on board and into the dining room? Are they still able to save the wine for you to use over various nights, even if it is one you brought onboard?

Also do only Deluxe ("S") Suites (not BC etc) receive a bottle of wine, and what brand has it been.

Thanks.

Here's a copy of the MDR wine list from the Zuiderdam in April/May. Wines by the glass begin at $5.50. All of the ships have basically the same wine list at any given time but not everything is always in stock. (Depends on when provisioning occurs, of course.)

Here's a copy of the Bar Menu from the same cruise. Wines-by-the-glass are listed on page 5. They begin @ $5.50 and go up to $8 (add 15% to that).

In addition to the champagne, suites usually receive a complimentary bottle of wine. It is HAL Executive Chef Rudi Sodamin's "private label." Have no idea who actually makes it. It is drinkable. Imagine the bon voyage wines are the probably the same thing.

Hope those help.

The Inside and OV on the older/smaller ships do not have a refrigerator ....

Except for the Prinsendam, which is the epitome of "older/smaller ships". All cabins on the Prinsendam have a fridge.

Here's a copy of the MDR wine list from the Zuiderdam in April/May. Wines by the glass begin at $5.50. All of the ships have basically the same wine list at any given time but not everything is always in stock. (Depends on when provisioning occurs, of course.)

Here's a copy of the Bar Menu from the same cruise. Wines-by-the-glass are listed on page 5. They begin @ $5.50 and go up to $8 (add 15% to that).

In addition to the champagne, suites usually receive a complimentary bottle of wine. It is HAL Executive Chef Rudi Sodamin's "private label." Have no idea who actually makes it. It is drinkable. Imagine the bon voyage wines are the probably the same thing.

Hope those help.

Thanks, ironin! I see the prices have gone up a bit since DBA posted them.

Wine list is 'suggestion'. It is never quite current and never fully available.

We've gotten to the point we ask for the wines we know we like and either they have them or not. If not, we order something else or sometimes take the suggestion of the wine steward. That greatly depends upon how knowledgeable he seems to be. We try to get a feel for whether we will like his recommendation. A little chat usually gives us a clue. :) Some of them are very, very good and there is always the Sommelier with whom you can consult.

Except for the Prinsendam, which is the epitome of "older/smaller ships". All cabins on the Prinsendam have a fridge.

Thanks for reminding me, Ruth!! I used to bring back those nice cheese plates from the Lido at dinner and keep them in there for late night snacks! A little more than 4 weeks to go!

• 3 weeks later...

Great information on the wine Christine. I realize that the selection may change but does the pricing change depending on the ship? We will be traveling on the Rotterdam from Athens to Rome in October. Not sure where we would purchase wine in Athens but I am sure my hubbie will find some (lovesss his wine) We are also trying to determine whether it's worth bringing wine aboard and paying the corkage fee.

Thanks from a newbie,

Colleen

We are also trying to determine whether it's worth bringing wine aboard and paying the corkage fee.

It really depends on how much you have to pay for wine where you're purchasing it. I'm guessing that Greek wine can be purchased in Athens for less than it costs elsewhere, but California wines are probably pricier than they are in California.

From California, I find that the ship's markup far exceeds the $18 corkage. For instance, our local Total Wine store sells the Meridian Pinot Noir for $5.99 that costs $37 on the wine list. The $35 Guenoc Cabernet sells for $7.99 at total. At the higher end, the Franciscan Magnificat that costs $79 on HAL retails for $36.99 at Total. Taking the latter example, it would cost me $36.99 + 7.75% sales tax = $39.86 to drink the wine in my cabin, or with the $18 corkage (which already includes the 15% service charge), a total of $57.86 to drink it in the MDR or Pinnacle Grill. If purchased off the HAL wine list, the cost is $79 + 15% = $90.85. That's a difference of $50.99! In other words, by bringing on your own and paying the corkage fee (at least in California), you practically get two bottles for the price of one.

Note that I'm not suggesting one purchase the identical wines on the HAL list in order to save money since that's considered bad form in restaurants that have corkage fees (hence probably considered bad form on HAL?). I accidentally brought a Merlot that was on the Oosterdam list to the MDR (I hadn't seen the MDR's wine list and it's not a merlot listed on the wine list posted here, so it really was accidental). Our wine steward poured our wine, no problem, but did somewhat curtly inform me that they had the same wine available on their list. Oops.

But then the other advantage is bringing in lesser-known wines that aren't the mass-market produced bottlings on the HAL wine lists, especially if they can be purchased on sale. We'll probably start wine shopping for our upcoming cruise a month or so before, and with a discount coupon of 5-10% off the normal prices at Total or finding some interesting wines on sale, we'll save even more.

Can someone tell me if there is a wine store near the Long Beach cruise terminal?. It would need to be walking distance. Thinking we could check our bags, and then we could manage to shop. If its not possible could someone recommend a HAL Cab.Merlot, that will not cost an arm and leg.

Flying in day before,but staying at Holiday Inn LAX, so until we get to terminal we will be encumbered with luggage. Have bought Australian Rosemont on the last HAL cruise. It costs twice as much as at home, but we expect that on a cruise. We thought we would like to try a different wine this time. Thanks, Barb.

Archived