Elation vs Ecstasy...are the ships the same?

4x4TX

Just has a friend get back on the ecstasy and was wondering what the differences were in the ships? they look to be the same size but elation is newer 98 versus 91...any other differences?

They had a good time but like most everyone else know kinda had negative things to say....says carnival was good for kids, but if alone would have gone RC....said food wasnt good either......i have been on both and thought there were both good...but for some reason carnival gets a bad rap, i guess due to allowing more kids on board?

We have been on both! Well as you said the Elation is newer than the Ecstasy and I personally like the Elation better. Its more calm colors inside and it smells better! The Ecstasy (as I say) is too BLUE.. the lido is blue and so is the atrium! The food is Great on both also.

They are both identical ships..same size, layout, etc. But if I had to pick one it would be the Elation! As for kids.. normally there is more when its spring break, Summer, or just say on Holidays lol!

anymore questions just ask!!

thanks...yeah I saw that one had better propulsion than the other.....but I guess I didnt realize they are basically the same ship...my friend went on the 4 night cruise to cozumel and we are going on the 7 day to belize, cozumel, progresso..I just figured the ship was bigger also but noticed in her pics that they looked similar to the pics I saw for ecstasy....

Does everyone else when talking to the casual cruiser get the feeling that most people think carnival is like low class compared to others?

Would that be a good or bad thing for the Ecstasy since she doesnt have it?:confused:

The primary benefit is much greater maneuverability, however the one thing that matters to passengers is that there is supposedly less vibration vs. the traditional modes of propulsion. I can't say I've noticed much difference one way or another on the vibration / shaking.

The primary benefit is much greater maneuverability, however the one thing that matters to passengers is that there is supposedly less vibration vs. the traditional modes of propulsion. I can't say I've noticed much difference one way or another on the vibration / shaking.
Im glad you said that.I know the Ecstasy had propulsion problems back in Feb.I was hoping that they got all that fixed.:)

We sailed Ectasy several years ago and then sailed it again in Feb 2004. It had been renovated when we sailed in 2004 and were quite impressed. One thing I love about the Fascination and Ectasy ships was the pool in the back of the ship. It was so quiet and a great place for sunbathing without kids and noise. I enjoy finding those great 3 and 4 day last minute cruise rates on Carnival. Terrific bargains.

Don't always expect the best price when it comes to Carnival ships. We are sailing the Carnival Triump in February. My son is sailing Norwegian in late January and booked a cabin for 4 for $700 less on an 8 night (4) port cruise than he would be paying on our Carnival Triumph cruise for 7 nights (3) ports. That big savings is due to 3rd and 4th passengers rates being much lower on Norwegian than other cruiselines.

I definetely would choose the Norwegian Ship because it has so many more restaurants: Mexican, Japanese, French, Italian, 2 American, Steak House, Elegant Venetian Dining Room, Chinese/Fast Food Diner, NY Deli, Enlgish Pub, 2 poolside BBQ's, and adult/kids buffets. We chose Carnival because it fit our time schedule best--even though it was priced higher than other cruises.

I have been on both. The Elation was the first cruise ship with azipod. I first sailed the Elation when it was just a couple of months old. I noticed less vibration, especially in the dining room, on the Elation.

The Elation was the second to last Fantasy ship built (Paradise is a few months newer). As a result, it has a more elegant, classy look. The Ecstacy looks like an outdate Vegas hotel, with lots of tacky neon, even black lights in the buffet area (yuck!).

Layout, though, is identical. I like the Fantasy ships a lot. They don't feel nearly as crowded as the Dynasty/Conquest class ships. For example, there never is a long line for the slide!

I was on the Ecstacy not long before it left LA. The ship looked very dated and old. However, the quality of food and service was the best I have ever recieved. Both have few balconies, something that will keep me from ever sailing on the Elation again.

Archived