Recent Reviews of NCL's $5 Pizza?

Dan Askin

Based on our Gem sailing, I couldn't tell the difference between the pizza delivered to our next cabin/neighbor's and the ones in the buffet - it's vastly improved compared to the past, thin crust pizza & well-baked. We had them in the buffet for lunch & snack, not exactly challenging Pizza Huts or Papa John's franchised products but definitely good enough - a nice bowl of soup, some salad & fresh fruit, good anytime while cruising for us. Wasn't impressed with the "old" pizza product on the Jewel in 2011 - and delivered for $5, why not - tipping already included (and it's covered by our OBC anyway ...)

Based on our Gem sailing, I couldn't tell the difference between the pizza delivered to our next cabin/neighbor's and the ones in the buffet - it's vastly improved compared to the past, thin crust pizza & well-baked. We had them in the buffet for lunch & snack, not exactly challenging Pizza Huts or Papa John's franchised products but definitely good enough - a nice bowl of soup, some salad & fresh fruit, good anytime while cruising for us. Wasn't impressed with the "old" pizza product on the Jewel in 2011 - and delivered for $5, why not - tipping already included (and it's covered by our OBC anyway ...)

It always seems to be a nice thought to tip a buck or two to the delivery guy. Just MY opinion though.

Is the Pizza delivery available on all ships? What size is it and are there options... or just plain peperoni and cheese? Thanks

I believe it's available on all ships. It's a full size pizza. 16" I think.

Different options. I had vegetables on mine, peppers, onions, etc.

Ordered a pizza for the first time on the Dawn this past July.

Decided to try it once and for all as I have heard so many times about how "horrible" it is.

$5 for a 16-inch pizza. The choices are cheese, pepperoni and a vegetarian option.

However, we ordered a pepperoni and sausage pizza with mushrooms added on one half. The pizza was just fine and served its purpose as a late-time snack.

The toppings were generous and we were only able to finish about half of it among the three of us. Delivered hot.

Would order again.

Love seeing the guys around the ship delivering the pizzas anywhere - pool, bars, atrium. Have also seen some roll call groups order pizzas for their informal meet and greets. Great idea when coupled with beer and a game of bowling!

First time on NCL. On Carnival and Princess the pizza was available 24/7 no fee. There was a fee if you had it delivered. I understand that there is a $5 fee for delivery. Is pizza available 24/7 at the buffet or just some days? Thanks in advance.

First time on NCL. On Carnival and Princess the pizza was available 24/7 no fee. There was a fee if you had it delivered. I understand that there is a $5 fee for delivery. Is pizza available 24/7 at the buffet or just some days? Thanks in advance.

You will find pizza by the slice available on the buffet. The charge is if you have a whole pie delivered anywhere on the ship.

I didn't think it was worth the $5. At least not while there are other options readily available. Late night when room service is charging a fee anyway, go for it. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. It just wasn't that great. NCL just can't seem to make a decent pizza. And I love all types of pizza. But I'd pick Tombstone or Little Ceasars over this.

Put me down in the dislike category. Our Epic cruise, all the food was good to excellent except this pizza. It was lousy! To make matters worse, I was starving when we ordered it. We just got back on the ship in St Thomas and was so hungry that I thought it would be a good idea. Even with me SO HUNGRY, I was able to recognize it was a very lousy pizza. The pizza in La Cucina is very good though. It is a shame they dont deliver those pizzas ;)

Hi, curious if anyone has recently sampled NCL's $5 delivery pizza. Worth the added fee?

We have had the previous smaller pizza on numerous ships many times. It was perfect for the late night snack.....

This new larger five dollar pizza is very good and so worth the money but it is just way to big. It is very delicious but we ended up throwing atleast half of it away each time. This is more of a family dinner pizza and we did order it one night for our dinner with a few salads. Definitely worth the money.....

We've tried it twice and both times we did not like it. We could barely get down 1 slice each. However, I did not try it on my last cruise. We did try the pizza at the buffet...didn't care for it too much either, but I can say that it tasted a little different than the one we had delivered. :(

I would never buy it again. If I want a late night snack, wings it is for free! :D

We've tried it twice and both times we did not like it. We could barely get down 1 slice each. However, I did not try it on my last cruise. We did try the pizza at the buffet...didn't care for it too much either, but I can say that it tasted a little different than the one we had delivered. :(

I would never buy it again. If I want a late night snack, wings it is for free! :D

This new pizza is so much better than the old free pizzas, I would suggest you try it again it is so worth the $5.00, it definetly is not the same as on the buffet, we won't waste our time on that pizza. But you are right most of the time if my husband is out and about he will stop and get wings and hot dogs to bring back to the room for his late night snack. He only orders pizza if he is at home and doesn't want to leave again. Enjoy your next cruise and if you have an inkling try the new pizza it is deliscious!!!!!

Archived