Koningsdam Inaugueral Plate

sail7seas

Yes, we received one but I don't know if it looks like the others since it was the first one I had received. I was traveling with my sister who lives in another state from me and the plates were one per stateroom. Being the generous person I am, I let my sister keep it :)!

Yes, we received one but I don't know if it looks like the others since it was the first one I had received. I was traveling with my sister who lives in another state from me and the plates were one per stateroom. Being the generous person I am, I let my sister keep it :)!

Here are some of the earlier ones; bottom right corner is the Nieuw Amsterdam inaugural plate, the ship that came out before Koningsdam

28793565_1_x.jpg

I gave mine away ... Not really my taste ....

They were causing some dilemmas amongst a few people we met on our trip ... Some didn't want the plate but also felt bad leaving it behind

Well I had one heck of a time getting mine, I do collect a plate from each Hal ships we have been on, it took 24 hours of trying to get just the one per cabin we were to be given. I was accused by several crew in a way that actually hurt. They kept stating "Are you SURE you did not get one???" then kept stating we need to verify with your cabin steward you did not receive one.

I was so frustrated by the time we finally got one the last night I did not even take a photo of it.

But Sail since you may have missed it this was the Mariner Tiles they gave out

b0a71ca52f8ddadd32e7b0d723b36903.jpg

When the Koningsdam was in Amsterdam on the 21th may, all 4stars in Holland were invited on the ship for a look see, show and lunch. The group was so large that two mariner lunch seatings were required. Everybody received the inaugural (big one) plate.

It was a nice day and a good oppo:rtunity to get a feel of the Koningsdam. :)

When the Koningsdam was in Amsterdam on the 21th may, all 4stars in Holland were invited on the ship for a look see, show and lunch. The group was so large that two mariner lunch seatings were required. Everybody received the inaugural (big one) plate.

It was a nice day and a good oppo:rtunity to get a feel of the Koningsdam. :)

That did cause quite a controversy on board among passengers who sailed on the Christening cruise (and from before that.) It seemed everyone and his brother with a visitor badge on was walking around with a plate on 21 May in Amsterdam. We knew of several passengers (friends) who sail together sharing a room to save money who could not get 1 plate each, as they were allocated 1 per room as Lisa mentioned. It did present an awkward appearance of unfairness.