Live From the Tahitian Princess!!!

cruzfvr

We are on the ship, and it is the first day at sea. Those of you that will get to be on this cruise are in for a treat. The people are so friendly and warm. We did a pre-cruise on Moorea for three days, and met a wonderful Tahitian couple who gave us a ride to the store in the back of their truck, waited for us, and took us back to our hotel. Then they invited us for a boat ride to a motu the next day, where they prepared lunch for us. We saw a few stingrays, and got to touch them. It was a special day and experience for us, and we made new friends.

We did Patrick's 4X4 excursion in Tahiti, and it was fun. Met up with fellow Cruise Critic's while on one of the trucks. It could have been about 2 hours shorter, but we enjoyed the waterfalls, and off roading.

We were in Huahine yesterday, and booked Marc's tour. This was one of, if not the best, excursions that we have ever taken. The drift snorkeling was unbelievable, and the picnic in the water was great. We would definitely do this again.

We have met up with most of our Cruise Critic friends, and we are all having a fantastic time.

More later....~Debbi

Hey cruzefevr...how are the desserts on the Tahitian Pricness?...I hope it's really good extravagant deserts, cakes, deep dish pies and many varieties of exoctic ice cream and not that mass produced mocha everything, or berry this and that in the Horizon Court!...do tell and share with us...as I am counting my carbs until I board the Star on August 20th....can you say withdrawl!

The suites have fridges. We are in an Owner suite aft on deck 7, and our teens are next door to us. Our suite is very roomy, and has a bathtub/shower combo which has a jacuzzi button.

The desserts are fab. The first ight I had a warm pudding with whip cream that was to die for. It had a soft cake inside, topped with warm pudding that was dripping down and whip cream mounds on the plate. They serve ice cream in the dining rooms, and the rocky road is good. The pizza is thin crust and yummy. Lot's of food, you won't go hungry!

Our daughter who is 15 is in the spa getting a facial, and I am going in about 10 minutes for the hot rock massage, so I will let you know how they are.

Tonight is the first formal night. So far in the dining rooms, it is a mixed group, with some very casual diners. Even some shorts for the men! We are dressing up tonight (son and hubby in tuxes). Hopefully, we won't be alone!

It is a bit rough at sea today. A lot of people have been to the gift shop for sea sick meds. We brougth ginger and ginger gum, and haven't had a problem.

Tomorrow we are in Rarotonga (sp?). A hint for excursions here: You can get shuttle service into town to the Muri Beach for $8/pp ea. way. This is what we will be doing.

Have been checking on prices for pearls, but haven't found the one that is calling me. The ones in the ship's boutique are gorgeous.

Will write more later...~Debbi

Boy my mouth was just salvatating while you vividly described that warm pudding with that dripping sauce. and mountain of whipped cream...control yourself HR...back down boy back!

Oh please tell me each day what your having for desert...can't wait to hear from you cruzfvr...

P.S. I am doing the Marquesas sailing on December 3rd this year...so I will fill you in with all the good details and do a live HR on the air broadcast as well.

Jim and Louise don't wory no need for your to clear everything out from under your bed...I am on the Sapphire Princess from SYD-AKL Dec 23rd-Jan 8th so when your getting off, I will the the fool running up the gangway trying to beat everyone else to the desert line!

I have no problems with that all....just eat all those bland mocha pastries and mocha cakes, and mocha non-fat puddings in the Horizon court and pass it along to everyone else (saying it's just divine)....so you all can depleat that stock and then they can put out the "good stuff" for HR....can't understand what's the big push in the past 8 months with "Mocha" on Princess?...the Chef seems pretty horny and hell bent on that Mocha this, Mocha that (I mean you all know I love coffee, but come on, hold it on the Mocha)...could it be he is adding the taste of coffee to ALL deserts in the absence of real coffee on Princess?....hmmmmm sounds pretty evviilll too me!

Wow I am on one hot shoe here, better double down, the sign me up to the "Crack me Up Club"#7 for Jim and Louise...done...your membership is iin teh mail just like Princess with those "infamous" member cards and mailings!

cruzfvr, Thanks for the updates, it's so much fun reading them since we're leaving in 2 weeks. I have one question for now, where have you found the best place to exchange money? On our first two trips we exchanged at LAX, then found out that wasn't a good idea. Your input is greatly appreciated, as well as any other tips you have found useful.

Keep on enjoying your trip in Paradise, don't you think FP is the most beautiful place on earth?

Thank you!

Hi Everyone!

At sea again after a great day in Raratonga. One correction: You can get the shuttle to Muri Beach for $8/pp round trip! Nice buses, too. One the way back they will let you off in town if you want to shop. We took the shuttle to the beach and rented kayaks (sp) to take over to the lagoon. There is a store on the beach side, so we loaded up with drinks, including New Zealand beer (great), and chips. You can even walk over to the lagoon if you want (the water is about to your waist at the deepest part). The beach and lagoon are gorgeous. We stopped for pearl shopping on the way back to the ship. Bought some earrings, along with my daughter. It was a fabulous day!

As for the desserts, the ice cream is wonderful. Lot's of different flavors. The mahi mahi was delicious last night, and well as the prime rib. Tonight we are dining at Satatinis, so will update on this later.

I won today at Bingo! My first time ever. It was a small jackpot of $50, but it is still a thrill to call out BINGO!

Back to the spa treatments: My daughter had the facial and neck and back massage ($99). Her treatment was geared towards teen skin, and they guaranteed no breakouts! She loved it, and felt very special. I had the hot stone treatment ($156), and it was so relaxing, I almost fell asleep. I really enjoyed it, and would definitely do it again. The only thing that was strange to me was that even if you booked a spa service, you had to pay an additional $15 to use their special therapy pool. It's wasn't that big of a deal, but we thought we would use it for the half hour before our treatments, and we ended up just using the internet instead, since we needed to get back to our cabins to get ready for formal night after the spa.

Our next stop is Raitea, and we have Bruno's tour booked, along with a few other couple we have met. We will see if he shows up, and if not, our other plan would be to use Stephen at Mata Tours. Wil let you know all about it tomorrow night.

We are having a blast. The cruise critic passengers that we have met up with throughout the cruise are so neat and fun. I highly recommend joing up on the Roll Calls so you can meet on board. It is nice to see familar faces, and meet for pre-dinner drinks, and just socialize in general.

Can't think of anything else, so if anyone has questions, I will get back with you. ~Debbi

I forgot to add that you can exchange money on the ship and it is one for one, which is a great deal. The LA airport was 84 of ours to one hundred of theirs, which stinks. Then they added a service charge. In Papeete, it was 94, so just wait and exchange on the ship.

For the pearls, we thought Raratonga had great value and selection, but this is just so far, since we have a few ports to go to yet, and the ship has some nice pearls, but a bit more expensive. They siad they offer a five year warranty, though. We bought ours at Bergman and Sons on Rarotonga. It all depends on what you want. We are not pearl experts, so we just bought what we liked.

This is the first day that it has been cloudy with a few sprinkles. Speaking of sprinkles...it is 3 pm, and the ice cream stand opens. ;) Later...~Debbi

Archived