Coral Princess: Cabin Caribe 627

Cruisin' Crazy

Going on the Coral Princess in February, cabin Caribe 627, a handicap cabin.

Has anyone been in this cabin recently (or any of the other three on this deck, C618, C620 or C633, all identical but reversed or mirror image) or may be thru December or January?

Looking for a close-up digital photo and measurements of the ramp to the balcony with a view to deciding whether my wife’s scooter can get over it or not. If we decide she cannot, we will need to have the ship’s carpenter modify or build a new one suitable for a long scooter, as opposed to a shorter wheelbase manual chair. Main potential problem is the scooter platform grounding out on the top angle of a too short ramp or high sill, preventing it from going over and out.

If anyone has a photo, would appreciate an email with attachment of picture. Thank you. Ken.

• 2 months later...

We are going on the Coral Princess in August 2005. We will have our son along with us which his only transportation is the wheelchair.

I hope you might be able to answer some questions about your experience on the cruise.

Thank you,

Cinprin00

Hello,

We will be on the Island in April, in one of the Acc. cabins. I will try to remember to take pictures of the ramp.......and measure for you. I did this on the Star. There is a picture of these cabins, or a representative of these cabins online..............showing the ramp. Here's the link:

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/tours/islandprincess/outsidestateroomba.htm

Oops, didn't notice that you, Ken, posted that note in November. Did you find the information you needed?

Archived