Caribbean Princess Questions

Acey-SJ

My parents are 71 and 72 going on their first cruise - Caribbean Princess in April to Aruba and Curaçao.

They want to know if there is pre dinner dancing ( not disco or anything ) just nice music they can waltz to?

when they tender at Princess Cays, is it difficult stepping down into tender or is it relatively even? Physically they are mobile I'm just concerned with them falling.

Should they go to cruise terminal dressed in smart casual for early seating dinner, or will their luggage be delivered in time for them to change?

Lastly, the line recommends checking in at 2:30 to avoid crowds - is it much better and less waiting?

Thanks!!

1. I do not think there is pre dinner, someone else will be more sure

2. My mom travels with me, she is 87 and mobile except stiff knees, they have

A couple guys who hang on to each side of her as she steps on tender

3. Does not matter the first night as they realize some cruisers have not

Received their luggage yet.

4. We arrive about 10:30 but are platinum so we can go in & sit but I think if

You arrive to early you wait & stand outside. Again someone else will verify

I have found the staff on all princess ships to be very helpful & considerate with

My mom whenever we need it. Usually writhout asking. I think they will be fine.

There is music (piano) playing in the atrium most evenings before dinner - and on several evenings we enjoyed watching a couple dance - even if they were all alone, they were having a blast! If you check your Princess Patter, you will see there are several venues that will play music they can dance to.

For NO lines, arriving later is better. You should be able to walk right on with no wait after around 2 o'clock.

I agree that whatever you wear on board is acceptable for the first night out. We got our luggage VERY late (the latest ever) when we sailed on Caribbean in January but it was still there in time to change for dinner. The ship sails at 4 and first seating isn't until 5:30, so they should be fine.

I hope you all have a great time!

My parents are 71 and 72 going on their first cruise - Caribbean Princess in April to Aruba and Curaçao.

They want to know if there is pre dinner dancing ( not disco or anything ) just nice music they can waltz to? We were on the CB in November and there was a wide variety of music. They should have no trouble finding music of their liking

when they tender at Princess Cays, is it difficult stepping down into tender or is it relatively even? Physically they are mobile I'm just concerned with them falling. It is relatively even but can be a little bouncy. The guys at the tender will help them on if needed.

Should they go to cruise terminal dressed in smart casual for early seating dinner, or will their luggage be delivered in time for them to change? The first night is very casual

Lastly, the line recommends checking in at 2:30 to avoid crowds - is it much better and less waiting? We typically board early but on one cruise got to the port around 1:15 and just walked on with no wait at all.

Thanks!!

I am so excited for them! The first cruise is so special:)

Judy

They are so excited they have trouble sleeping and it's 9 weeks away. Never thought of inheritance - all well

Does lifeboat drill interfere with sailing from port?

Also is in in theater or on deck!

Drill does not interfere with sailaway. Drill is held in various lounges, or theater onboard. Which for them depends on location of their cabin. It is posted on the inside of cabin door.

Karen

They want to know if there is pre dinner dancing ( not disco or anything ) just nice music they can waltz to?

when they tender at Princess Cays, is it difficult stepping down into tender or is it relatively even? Physically they are mobile I'm just concerned with them falling.

Should they go to cruise terminal dressed in smart casual for early seating dinner, or will their luggage be delivered in time for them to change?

Lastly, the line recommends checking in at 2:30 to avoid crowds - is it much better and less waiting?

Thanks!!

Recently back from our Caribbean Princess cruise. Some evenings there will be light music in the Atrium area suitable for cheek to cheek dancing....possibly other venues as well.....along with dance classes offered. Just have them check the daily Patters.

Should have no problems entering/exiting the tenders. They do have staff on hand to help.

No need to arrive in smart casual. Dining rooms are very lenient on dress code the first night as they know that most people don't have their luggage yet.

Arrival time is a little more tricky. We arrived shortly after 10am, walked right into the building, into the check in line, and were checked in and seated by about 10:40 am. We talked to some people on board who said they arrived about 1pm and they stood outside in a line that was wrapped around the building due to check in having stopped until some of those already in the terminal started boarding (we didn't start until about 12:40 that day).

Archived