Goodbye Carnival Fantasy?

Justyman87

I don’t know if this has been discussed and I apologize if it has, I did a quick search of the forums and didn’t see anything. I know Wikipedia isn’t reliable but I just saw that the Carnival Fantasy is going to be leaving the Carnival fleet and go join Ibero Cruises. Is this true? I doubt the Vista will take over out of Charleston. Is this the end of Charleston?

We shall see but given that they now will have two ships the better part of a year in Australia kind of surprised at this.

Only way I see this happening is if they move another ship back to Charleston. Possibly another Fantasy class ship and move things around. I don’t know, it’s been rumored before and she is one of Carnival’s oldest ships. Maybe we can see the Sensation leaving PC and have three big ships in PC or something like that. I honestly have no idea.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carnival send a ship to Asia. The market is exploding. Currently Europe is still soft.

Don’t think it will happen so soon. The Carnival type I just don’t think is right for Asia. However, I can be wrong. On our Alaskan cruise there was a nice proportion of Asians on the cruise.

I think for 2016 we can see the following:

Ecstasy- Miami

Sensation- Charleston? Canaveral?

Fascination- Jacksonville

Imagination- Long Beach

Inspiration- Long Beach

Elation- New Orleans

Paradise- Tampa

Sunshine- Port Canaveral

Triumph- Galveston

Victory- Miami

Spirit- Australia

Pride- Tampa

Legend- Australia

Miracle- Long Beach

Conquest- Miami

Glory- Miami

Valor- San Juan

Liberty- Port Canaveral

Freedom- Everglades

Splendor- Miami

Dream- New Orleans

Magic- Galveston

Breeze- Miami

Vista- Port Canaveral? New York?

Don’t think it will happen so soon. The Carnival type I just don’t think is right for Asia. However, I can be wrong. On our Alaskan cruise there was a nice proportion of Asians on the cruise.

Carnival Corp (Princess?) now has a homeport in Japan and a number of offices opened in China along with South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. Think they expect biz to double next year from the region.

Wikipedia also says that Splendor is going back to Costa in 2016. I take anything on Wikipedia with a grain of salt - anyone can add info.

Where does it say that? on the Carnival Splendor page it only says that the ship was made for Costa but transferred to Carnival.

Carnival Corp (Princess?) now has a homeport in Japan and a number of offices opened in China along with South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. Think they expect biz to double next year from the region.

Like I said, I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened just don’t think it will happen that soon. Carnival and Princess to me are like totally different cruise lines. Carnival is focused on low coast cruising and I don’t know if that will be big in Asia.

Edited by Justyman87

I don’t know if this has been discussed and I apologize if it has, I did a quick search of the forums and didn’t see anything. I know Wikipedia isn’t reliable but I just saw that the Carnival Fantasy is going to be leaving the Carnival fleet and go join Ibero Cruises. Is this true? I doubt the Vista will take over out of Charleston. Is this the end of Charleston?

That ship has been up for sale for a while.

Where does it say that? on the Carnival Splendor page it only says that the ship was made for Costa but transferred to Carnival.

Like I said, I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened just don’t think it will happen that soon. Carnival and Princess to me are like totally different cruise lines. Carnival is focused on low coast cruising and I don’t know if that will be big in Asia.

Could make sense to me if true. Looks like Carnival has too much ships right now in the fleet and they keep saturating the Florida market with them with (almost) identical itineraries.Looks like the Florida market is the only region that absorb those ships well. So when the Vista come online in 2016, I can see them sending the Splendor to Costa.

I just saw it last night and I can't find it anymore. It basically said that due to Costa losing two ships that they were going to put Splendor through a 3-4 month drydock in 2016 and rename the ship Costa Hermosa. After the refit it said that the ship would go to Asia.

I'm still looking to see if I can find it.

Edited by mattcj89

I just saw it last night and I can't find it anymore. It basically said that due to Costa losing two ships that they were going to put Splendor through a 3-4 month drydock in 2016 and rename the ship Costa Hermosa. After the refit it said that the ship would go to Asia.

Makes sense… so many Carnival ships in the USA, I mean truly how many can Carnival support? Not only support but the ports also, I mean Nassau and Freeport can only hold so many ships.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38496162- Thread you where talking about?

Edited by Justyman87

Carnival hasn't already learned about the consequences of renaming a ship?

Makes sense… so many Carnival ships in the USA, I mean truly how many can Carnival support? Not only support but the ports also, I mean Nassau and Freeport can only hold so many ships.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38496162- Thread you where talking about?

That's not what I was looking at but thanks for the link. At least I know I'm not completely crazy now.

I really don't see Carnival doing away with Splendor, they just need to get away from concentrating the entire fleet on Florida ports.

3-4 month dry dock will become 3-4 weeks dry dock;)

That's not what I was looking at but thanks for the link. At least I know I'm not completely crazy now.

I really don't see Carnival doing away with Splendor, they just need to get away from concentrating the entire fleet on Florida ports.

Looking at the snow covered Pride pics - brrrr - who wants to cruise in that mess? So much better to start off nice and warm and get to nice islands