Silversea Newbie Looking for Advice - Solo Friendly?

cindilouwho

I travel with my husband or one of my sons;however, I would not hesitate to cruise on silversea solo. One of our favorite people on our TA cruise was a solo traveler who was on our trivia team. Get out and about, and you will meet people. They do have some events specifically for solo travelers, which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who you meet. In the dining room, you can ask to sit at a shared table or alone, whichever you prefer.

Solo travelers can feel very comfortable on SS. First there are the (generally!) reasonable single supplements -- far more reasonable than Seabourn or Regent (but not quite as good as Crystal's). Every solo guest receives an invitation to a hosted get-together in Panorama before dinner on the first or second night of the cruise. Many people who attend go on to dinner and bond as a result of that event. One also meets others in the bars, on excursions, etc. However, there is zero pressure to socialize. Solos who prefer to remain solo are free to do so, and no one pressures them to join the party. :)