Silver Whisper Voyage 4223 August 30-Sept. 6

aundi

Hi,

I would like to start a thread for this voyage. This is our 14th cruise and 1st time with SilverSea. Is there anyone else going on this cruise. Would love to join in on some tours. :)

Hi,

I would like to start a thread for this voyage. This is our 14th cruise and 1st time with SilverSea. Is there anyone else going on this cruise. Would love to join in on some tours. :)

Yup. We are booked on cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are going on the Whisper 23-30 of August. Four couples are going ,but my husband and i are are the only ones doing the high speed train to Moscow. hope it's worth it.. We are a very high energy group in our 40s and 50's, and our third cruise together. Fi rst was ,Seabourne, second two Silver Seas. I am having a hard time packing weather wise nd would love suggestions!

We are going on the Whisper 23-30 of August. Four couples are going ,but my husband and i are are the only ones doing the high speed train to Moscow. hope it's worth it.. We are a very high energy group in our 40s and 50's, and our third cruise together. Fi rst was ,Seabourne, second two Silver Seas. I am having a hard time packing weather wise nd would love suggestions!

Warm

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I are also on this cruise. We'll probably do self-guide walking tours in Helsinki and Talinn but are looking for suggestons in St Petersberg. The Silver Seas tours are kind of limiting. Anyone putting together a private tour?

Yup

• 1 year later...

So just logging back into cruise critic to research our next cruise (Singapore to Hong Kong, leaving April 8th 2014) Thought I would post my thoughts to this thread. We really thought the high speed train was worth it. It seemed like such a shame to go to Russia, and not do it, since we probably won't go back. Our friends who didn't go, had a great day, seeing more over-the top summer (or winter?) these czars had palaces for every season-who knew. palaces... The whole cruise was amazing. Scandinavia, biking in Estonia.... But back to the Moscow trip. Even though getting up at 5 am (I think?) and not returning till after midnight was somewhat daunting, my husband and I thought it was totally worth it. Seeing the contrast between the opulence of St Petersburg, and the stark industrialism of sections of Moscow was fascinating. Red Square (!) and the ridiculous shopping mall across from it. Lenin's tomb, a whirlwind look at the top artifacts in the the State Historical Museum (for me, the highlight) including amazing carriages from the as far back as the 16th century. H

ad a great lunch at a historic restaurant, saw interesting and powerful interesting Soviet propaganda art on the subway stations with intricate tile mosaics depictions of agriculture and industry.

So when I arrived, totally wiped out, back in our stateroom? A bath with rose petals floating had been drawn, the water a perfect temperature, that our butler (nowhere to be found) had mysteriously timed ever so perfectly. This is why I love Silverseas.