St. Thomas taxis charge by person or location?

AandBmom

Do the taxis in St. Thomas charge per person or per destination? We're a large group and I'm trying to figure out how much it will likely cost to get around.

My experience has always been per person, if you have a large enough group, you may be able to make a deal with a driver for a day long experience.

Do the taxis in St. Thomas charge per person or per destination? We're a large group and I'm trying to figure out how much it will likely cost to get around.

Check out Bruce Flamon AKA Chicago.

We have him booked for the day in March.

Tell him John sent you.

Please.

If you take a taxi there are no deals. The prices are per person by location one-way. They are fixed by the government and published widely. If you take a tour such as Godfrey, then you can use your best negotiating skills. Don't expect to get too much off the published taxi price.

The $1 circuit taxi is operating well this year and from what I've been told it operates in both directions.

Edited by jimf41

Check out Bruce Flamon AKA Chicago.

We have him booked for the day in March.

Tell him John sent you.

Please.

I did look at his website but unless I am missing something it looks like his tours for non private need a minimum of 10 people.

I did look at his website but unless I am missing something it looks like his tours for non private need a minimum of 10 people.

Yep.

OP mentioned they had a pretty large group. We started with 11 and added from our roll call. For much better deal especially with the convenience factor of being able to make a stop here or there.

:cool: