Help with dress code and Restaurant 2

wolverineinOH

Looking at Seabourn for a Caribbean cruise in Nov. Per Seabourn's website it states the dress code is in place after 6pm, and there is no indication that it only applies to the main restaurant. Looking at some of the threads here I got the impression that Restaurant 2 is a more casual option. Is the dress code applied throughout the ship or just in the MDR?

Our last cruise was on SeaDream, and loved the outdoor dining and casual dress but not sure it's worth $1000 extra for those things. Like the Seabourn cabins and itinerary more anyway. Thanks for the help.

Hi Wolverine, the dress code is throughout the ship. We were on Caribbean cruise Dec past, our 1st Seabourn, you can get by quite nicely with a jacket, no tie on formal optional nights. I didn't bring tux or dark suit as we were staying on an island for month after cruise and didn't feel like the additional baggage.

Elegant casual worked fine for me especially in Restaurant 2. We stayed away from MDR and club cocktails on formal nights as there were guests dressed formal and I respect their feelings.

2nd week of cruise a large group of Brazilians came aboard and dress code flew out the porthole!!

I did the Caribbean this past Oct/Nov and have to say the whole ship seemed overall pretty casual. Folks did dress up for formal optional, but the guys were mostly in a jacket and tie with a few in tuxes. I think women like to dress up, but there were definitely many that phoned it in by wearing just black pants and a sparkly top.

If your question is do you have to wear a tuxedo/gown to Restaurant 2, then the answer is no. If your question is can I wear floral beach shorts and flip flops to Restaurant 2 then you will be turned away.

Thanks much. It sounds like on formal night you dress formally, but on other nights Restaurant 2 is more casual than the main dining room, would this be a fair interpretation?

Also sounds like Caribbean cruises are less formal which is nice. Something about the Caribbean doesn't scream tux and ball gown to me.

It all rests with interpretation of what "more casual" means. You can always dine without a jacket at the Patio Grill but on elegant casual nights a jacket with no tie is appropriate in the MDR and Restaurant 2.