Crusing the Eastern Caribbean on the Glory; A Picture Heavy Review - April 6, 2014

mrsd912

Which cruise in October? We are going on the one on the 18th

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

The 18th as well :)

I hope there is a body and conclusion to this review!

The 18th as well :)

I hope there is a body and conclusion to this review!

Nah, I figured I'd leave it at that :p

Sorry, going back to work after two weeks off has proven to be more work than I though. I'll be resuming the review when I get home tonight!

Excited to read more. Had to laugh when I saw the giant candle sticks in the one pic. It reminded me of Beauty and the Beast.

We liked it too. We've only ever been on one other ship, but really preferred the décor as a whole on the Glory, especially the night club :)

We didn't really see many more people while we were exploring the ship, and truth be told that's one of my favorite things about FTTF. Since we'd had breakfast at our hotel and weren't terribly hungry yet, we like to roam he ship while everyone else is on Lido.

After spending a fair amount of time checking out our new home, we decided to head up to Lido and grab a bite to eat after taking some more pictures.

Adults Only Pool in the Aft

DSCN0684_zps98e72f95.jpg

Got to get a shot of the Whale Tail

DSCN0688_zps1bd1ffcb.jpg

We don't spend a lot of time here, but I love pictures of Lido

DSCN0689_zps8ad2a985.jpg

Waterslide

DSCN0687_zps43fbd8b3.jpg

Serenity Deck with the Breeze in the background

DSCN0693_zps250c4552.jpg

Serenity Hot Tub

DSCN0694_zps84288274.jpg

We decided to get our lunch before the lines got too long, and since we're not huge fans of the buffet (except for the salad bar!), we opted for Guy's Burgers for me and Blue Iguana for Jeff.

Cheeseburger with bacon, mushrooms, carmelized onion, shaved lettuce, pickles, ketchup, and mayo! Makes my mouth water!

DSCN0683_zpsea851587.jpg

I think Jeff got a chicken and pork taco. I didn't have any tacos or burritos on this trip but I did on our last and they were good!

DSCN0682_zpsb62b7f71.jpg

Since we were officially on vacation and we like to eat, we decided to get a couple slices of pizza after our "first lunch". Sorry, no picture :(

I can't speak of the "old pizza" because I never had it, but I really like Pizza Pirate. It's thin, crispy crust, just the right amount of grease, and fresh. Pepperoni is the best if you ask me.

After pizza we headed back to our cabin to see if our luggage was there to unpack. Since it was, Jeff sat out on our balcony while I played the part of Unpacking Extraordinaire! This is one of the other reasons I love FTTF. We took pictures of the ship, got lunch, got our luggage unpacked, and had time for a nap before muster.

We were dreading muster because we our last drill was not so pleasant. It was hot, humid, we were stuck in the back, lots of crying children, and it took forever! This time, not so bad. This time it was pretty quick and painless, no one cried, and it was pretty cool where we were standing. I was already thrilled to be cruising in the spring instead of the fall. The humidity really got to Jeff and I last time, April was much more comfortable.

After muster we headed to our balcony for Sail Away, which was nice because being aft facing, we got to see both sides of the port, and it was quite peaceful. Just us and our neighbors.

*Note: If you cruise in an aft facing balcony, you will get to know your neighbors because the dividers are slanted and you see them a lot.

DSCN0702_zpsb1523680.jpg

Being from Maine and never getting to see them, I love palm trees

DSCN0704_zpse3eeced3.jpg

Lots of people on the beach

DSCN0708_zps1386ea75.jpg

I love the blue/green water

DSCN0711_zps66b70af8.jpg

After Sail Away we spent some time lounging on our balcony, and then decided to get some pictures taken. We honestly don't buy many, but enjoy having them taken, and find it a good way to kill so time before dinner since we do late seating.

We took our fill of pictures so we decided to head to the Platinum Dining Room and wait for the doors to open.

When the doors opened and we were brought to a table for six I was excited. I wanted to sit at a table with a lot of people because I'm better in group settings and our last cruise we sat with one other couple. It was a bit awkward for me. Alas, this evening, we ended up dining alone, but more on that later.

Now, the Glory has the new American Table menus. I was pretty bummed about that initially because I hadn't read very good things about it on this site. But, I hadn't read good things about the old menu prior to our first cruise either, and the food was great. So, I went in with an open mind, and was pleasantly surprised.

The food was good. Yes, the menu was lacking some of my favorite items, but I didn't have an entrée I didn't like (which I did on our last cruise), the portions were smaller which was great because we never left hungry or stuffed to the gills. Menu was a tad confusing because there was a list of sides to order and some of the meals came with sides and some didn't. Our waiter suggested ordering sides just to be on the safe side, so we did for each meal. I didn't mind the lack of tablecloths (but they were there on Elegant Evening), and I really liked having a carafe of water and the bread basket on the table. I think it lighten the load for the servers, and I drink a lot of water but my glass never went empty.

The food was good enough that we forgot to take pictures of everything because we dove right in!

Appetizers

DSCN0715_zpsd5df2368.jpg

Smoked Salmon with Lemon Dill Cream - very good

DSCN0716_zps854275de.jpg

Smoked Duck Breast - rich, but really good

DSCN0717_zps545e67f6.jpg

Chateaubriand - partially eaten, really good

DSCN0719_zps940f6b7f.jpg

Roasted Chicken - so good!

DSCN0720_zpsd6c69888.jpg

And now it's time for me to make dinner here, so I'll pick this back up soon!

Edited by mrsd912

Hi mrsd912!

I'm loving your review - thank you for taking the time to write it. I cant wait to read the rest whenever you pick back up! *patiently waiting for the next installment* :D

Any chance that you have the Fun Times from your sailing? If so, can you scan them and post for us to see what fun activities awaits us? :) Thanks in advance!