Any advantages using a NCL PCC?

GateGuardian

Truthfully, I got a much better deal booking directly with NCL.

I did call my PCC when I wished to book the Breakaway, but what he offered me I knew I'd seen better on the NCL site. I told him to keep me in mind for a better deal & give me a call.

In the mean time I called NCL directly a few days later & received double the OBC my PCC offered, plus a reduced deposit & a complimentary anniversary package. I booked with them immediately.

I still haven't heard from my PCC.

Keep checking the NCL web site for different deals & if you see one you might be interested in -call them. See what they offer you.

Good luck.

My PCC is great. He always gives me the best deal going. I am constantly checking the site for sales and what not. If I see one and it benefits me he will adjust my booking. His quotes have always been right on with the website.

The flip side to using a TA vs NCL's PCC, I was looking at cruises a couple of months ago (booked the Breakaway). While NCL's PCC had a good rate, the TA matched NCL's rate, threw in a $300 OBC and was able to score a promo that NCL PCC didn't tell me about (free UBP and free UDP).

Service with the TA has been exemplary, too.

My PCC is great. He always gives me the best deal going. I am constantly checking the site for sales and what not. If I see one and it benefits me he will adjust my booking. His quotes have always been right on with the website.

But in terms of booking the cruise itself, there's no real advantages to booking through PCC vs through ncl.com?

Edited by GateGuardian

I think it depends on how good your PCC is. I wish I had the name of a good one I could request. It would be my luck that I would get stuck with a lazy one. I always get great deals from an online TA that I use who will often throw in perks.

It is my understanding that NCL does not discount their rates for TA's and any discount they offer could really be a group rate.

But in terms of booking the cruise itself, there's no real advantages to booking through PCC vs through ncl.com?

Sometimes not all avaliable cabins show up online. We always book 2 connecting cabins. When we find a cruise we like we try to book and the connecting cabins always show as not avaible. So we call and they can usually find some that are showing not available when they really are.

I am not sure if they do this with other classes of accomadations or just the connecting cabins. So if you can't find a room on the deck you want or the room type you want you might get what you want if you call.

Other than that I know of no advantages.

The price will be the same, but I always feel uncomfortable booking something on a website. Too easy to miss something. I'd rather call and talk to someone who handles bookings, PCC or not. I'm not sure, but I think if you just call and say you want to book, you end up talking to a PCC at random in any case. Any of them should be able to walk you through, for instance, whether or not you should book the AARP rate or are you better off with a certain promo. You may not even be aware there is a promo. Once when I called to book a balcony cabin, the PCC pointed out there was suite available for just a few dollars more. Had I booked on the website, I would never have known this.

That said, I do think booking with web based cruise TAs or big box TAs will get you the best price. The base price is sometimes discounted compared to NCL direct, perhaps due to a kick back of a portion of their commission to you, or because they bought a number of cabins at a wholesale price. And even if not, they still usually offer OBC or other perks in addition to whatever NCL is offering. For example, prepaid gratuities, plus OBC or OBC plus the dining package. You just have to ferret out the best deal.

I've always called my on-line TA. I don't know of any TA's who are "On-line Only".

The bigger on-line TAs often buy up a block of rooms to get a discount. And, they they pass that discount on to the people who book through them.