Sun - 2 questions for recent cruisers

bryanjaync

Sailing on the Sun for the first time in November. Only dailies i can find are from 2012, so a few questions for anyone who has sailed her lately:

1. Are there still two Welcome Show on embarkation day (7:30/9:30) ? Seems some lines have gone to just one.

2. We have the UDP for four persons. Would like to do the Teppanyaki embarkation night. Can we make reservations 45 days prior to sailing with the UDP ? Are there still three set times, (5:30/7:15/9:00) for Teppanyaki? -If so, I guess if we can get 7:15 pm dinner, we can make the 9:30 show).

My 83/86 year old parents are thrilled we got them the UDP and LOVE LOVE LOVE going to the shows, so trying to work on the schedule. Thanks.

Not an expert to answer the number one question about shows - - -

Was on the NCL SUN SB Whittier to Vancouver July '13 and there was only

one show the night of embarkation - I think ? Not really sure ? Did not go - just word of mouth.

RE: the second question BY ALL MEANS look to book the UDP as soon as possible -

hang with phone in hand and demon dialing device to be first to get your

reservation - the speciality restaurants are generally sell outs on the

first night because NCL offers incentives like a bottle of wine and other

promotions to its frequent cruising customers and suites with concierge priority booking.

Comments from others - Please confirm to help these folks !

Sailing on the Sun for the first time in November. Only dailies i can find are from 2012, so a few questions for anyone who has sailed her lately:

1. Are there still two Welcome Show on embarkation day (7:30/9:30) ? Seems some lines have gone to just one.

2. We have the UDP for four persons. Would like to do the Teppanyaki embarkation night. Can we make reservations 45 days prior to sailing with the UDP ? Are there still three set times, (5:30/7:15/9:00) for Teppanyaki? -If so, I guess if we can get 7:15 pm dinner, we can make the 9:30 show).

My 83/86 year old parents are thrilled we got them the UDP and LOVE LOVE LOVE going to the shows, so trying to work on the schedule. Thanks.

In February there were two welcome shows on Embarkation day. Struck me as odd because on our previous cruises there was only one the first night.

1. Last month on day 1 there were two welcome aboard variety shows at 7:30 and 9:30.

2. Reservations prior to getting on board are limited. The answer is maybe. Eating at 7:15 will give you plenty of time for the 9:30 show. In Teppanyaki they almost kick you out when your time is up.