Royal Caribbean Irie Mon Beach Break

funNsun4me

Looking to see if anyone has any information on Royal Caribbean's Irie Mon Beach Break and how far of a ride it is from Falmouth.

Thanks.

We are going there on a March 1st cruise. I E mailed the beach and they E mailed me back. It looks great. Plenty to choose from for the lunch too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are going there on a March 1st cruise. I E mailed the beach and they E mailed me back. It looks great. Plenty to choose from for the lunch too.

If you can post when you return to let me know if you would recommend it, I would really appreciate it.

When r u going on your cruise ? We are going March 1st.

We aren't going until October but with all this cold and snow we have been getting, I am trying to keep warm thinking and planning for the Caribbean :)

We did this excursion in January 2013 when we were on the RC Mariner of the Seas. We just chose it at random from the options -- wanted to spend a day at the beach. We got off the ship at about 8:45, did some shopping at the port shops, and then caught our mini-bus at 9:30. It took about 30 minutes to get to Montego Bay and the beach.

This is called Irie Mon Beach but its real name is Cornwall Beach. It's right next to Dr.'s Cave Beach. Our day was all-inclusive. They have lots of lounge chairs in the sun or you can find shade. There's a DJ that plays beach music all day. There was also a kind of activities director who tried to get some games going, but no one seemed interested. The beach is nice. They have objects out in the water to climb on and a trampoline.

Lunch was pretty good -- burgers, jerk chicken, rice and beans, cole slaw, fresh fruit, etc. The bar was open all day and I thought the drinks were a little stronger than the ones we had at Passion Island in Cozumel.

The bus driver stopped at a shop in Mo Bay on the way back to the ship where we bought some coffee and rum. Prices weren't especially low.

Overall it was a nice day. If we go back I think we'll try a plantation tour or maybe ziplining.

We did this excursion in January 2013 when we were on the RC Mariner of the Seas. We just chose it at random from the options -- wanted to spend a day at the beach. We got off the ship at about 8:45, did some shopping at the port shops, and then caught our mini-bus at 9:30. It took about 30 minutes to get to Montego Bay and the beach.

This is called Irie Mon Beach but its real name is Cornwall Beach. It's right next to Dr.'s Cave Beach. Our day was all-inclusive. They have lots of lounge chairs in the sun or you can find shade. There's a DJ that plays beach music all day. There was also a kind of activities director who tried to get some games going, but no one seemed interested. The beach is nice. They have objects out in the water to climb on and a trampoline.

Lunch was pretty good -- burgers, jerk chicken, rice and beans, cole slaw, fresh fruit, etc. The bar was open all day and I thought the drinks were a little stronger than the ones we had at Passion Island in Cozumel.

The bus driver stopped at a shop in Mo Bay on the way back to the ship where we bought some coffee and rum. Prices weren't especially low.

Overall it was a nice day. If we go back I think we'll try a plantation tour or maybe ziplining.

Thanks for info.we r doing this one too.

• 1 month later...

We also did this excursion about a year ago.

Agree with above poster about most points, although the day we were there they had a lot of people participating in beach games etc..

We didn't, because it was very hot, but it was fun to watch.

Thankfully there are plenty of shady umbrellas.

Food was great! Drinks were fine.

I would go back again (but not right away - only because we like trying new things each time).