For anyone trying to get to the Baths on your own...

jjgarv2

We were going to take Speedy's ferry over to the Baths but instead ran across Dion on the pier who, for $50 a head ( a couple bucks more than Speedy's) took 10 of us in his 30+ foot scarab in half the time and dropped us off on the beach at Devil's bay. We were on the beach by 9:30 am and he returned and picked us up from the beach at 1:00 pm. He insisted we only pay him after returning to the docks at Tortola.

He saved us at least 1.5 hours and we we neve had to deal with taxis or crowds. The cold beers on the way back to Tortola were only icing on the cake.....well worth the money!

Edited by jjgarv2

Not sure on other boats- I assume yes as there was a couple of others picking people up off the beach.

Devils Bay is part of the Baths- it is the far beach- most people have to walk through te rocks to get to it. It is by far the most beautiful beach we have been on.

We were going to take Speedy's ferry over to the Baths but instead ran across Dion on the pier who, for $50 a head ( a couple bucks more than Speedy's) took 10 of us in his 30+ foot scarab in half the time and dropped us off on the beach at Devil's bay. We were on the beach by 9:30 am and he returned and picked us up from the beach at 1:00 pm. He insisted we only pay him after returning to the docks at Tortola.

He saved us at least 1.5 hours and we we neve had to deal with taxis or crowds. The cold beers on the way back to Tortola were only icing on the cake.....well worth the money!

I'll second Dion. We were later coming in and had a 3 pm pick up and he was there on schedule. We also were instructed to pay him on the return. BTW we found him or rather he found us half way to Speedy's Ferry.

This sounds like a great opportunity for our next trip to Tortola and to see the baths. How do I go about finding him? Where exactly would you bump into him? I would love to save an hour and a half so that we could spend more time at the baths.

DandDcarrental@surfbvi.com

HELP.......This is the Email that went through the other was sent back undeliverable....But I have still not heard anything back from him just wondering if anyone else contacted him and he responded......

• 2 weeks later...

Well I still have not gotten a response from Dion so we will just plan on taking the ferry and if we spot him walking to the ferry than will go with him:rolleyes:

Edited by gmomof3k

• 4 weeks later...

Wish he'd have approached OUR group in May! Speedy's was horrible the day we went. An hour late leaving the dock in the morning, 15 mins late going back to Tortola. The upstairs and inside AC and rocking made half the group leave to go outside with some really green faces. It was not pleasant at all! OP, I'm glad you had a great experience and were able to try someone new!

Yay! booked with Dion for our August port to Tortola!!!

Very quick reply within 12 hours of first email!!:D

Thank you sooo much for all the information!!!!

DandDcarrental@surfb.v.i.com

This is the e-mail I am using and still have not heard back....I just sent another one......we are going in August also on the 9th........maybe we are going the same day..........

Although I am glad that Dion is getting business I have to admit that there was a sense of adventure that came from just meeting him on the street and taking a chance and changing up our plans a bit. This has worked out for us at a number of ports and really added to our trips and our memories. The adventure part of port days sometimes gets lost due to too much planning IMHO.:)

Thank you, thank you....;)

I've been searching for specific information about how to best find my way to the baths. This post is so very helpful.:D

Are there any cruisers on the Freedom leaving on 8/11?

:eek:

Hoping there's someone that can stumble through this with my son & I.

It's always a little scary going out on your own.

Thanks all

Thank you, thank you....;)

I've been searching for specific information about how to best find my way to the baths. This post is so very helpful.:D

Are there any cruisers on the Freedom leaving on 8/11?

:eek:

Hoping there's someone that can stumble through this with my son & I.

It's always a little scary going out on your own.

Thanks all

as you know, we are also on the 8/11 cruise and looking to go the the Baths. It seems like this Dion has pretty good reviews.........

Soon to be Mrs. Taddeo. 8-10-12

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Angel,

Am I seeing this correctly, will you be getting married on the ship?

If so, I for sure hope that all goes beautiful for the both of you.

I will be emailing Dion & confirming a spot for a trip to the baths.

I'll be asking for you, hope to see you soon.

I'll post when I get a reply back.

Angel,

Am I seeing this correctly, will you be getting married on the ship?

If so, I for sure hope that all goes beautiful for the both of you.

I will be emailing Dion & confirming a spot for a trip to the baths.

I'll be asking for you, hope to see you soon.

I'll post when I get a reply back.

We are actually getting married the day before the cruise on the beach in fort lauderdale :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Os Dion a licensed operator for transporting groups?