Royal Clipper Dec. 13 Let's call it a Roll Call

muskatnuss

Hello!!! I am starting a Roll Call - here, because we are listed, for the Grenadine Tour with the Royal Clipper, starting December 13, 2014. I know I have repeated myself, but I do that all the time! :p

Who's going to help me set the sails??? Eat the good Food??? Joke with the Crew???

Hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by muskatnuss

I see you have started your roll call for your sailing which is about 6 weeks prior to ours and JoBake is continuing comments -- you two must be great friends even though you live far away in Europe. Still have no new sailors on our sailing so please continue to post there if you think we would be interested in information. :)

Sent from my MZ609 using Forums mobile app

muskatnuss - you said "must I set the sails alone". Well - I was on my own once, sort of. It went like this:-

On the RC in the Caribbean one afternoon sailaway coincided with afternoon tea which, as you know, is served in the Tropical Bar. Unusually it was raining but there was a very convivial atmosphere in the Tropical Bar. I do like my sailaways so I decided that I would go out in to the rain and up to the sun deck and along to the bridge area even though I would get wet in the rain. So I stepped out of the cover of the tropical bar to go up the stairs and at that very moment it stopped raining. As I made my way along the sun deck to the bridge I passed two members of the crew who were raising the remaining sails and arrived at the bridge. The ship was being navigated from the enclosed part of the bridge. I arrived at the open part of the bridge. There was, literally, not another person around or in sight. I was entirely on my own. It was all mine. The ship was sailing, the remaining sails were going up, the rain had stopped and Vangelis was playing. Wonderful! It was about 10 minutes before the other passengers realised that the rain had stopped and some of them started to make their way to the (?my) bridge area.

Just another story from the Clippers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, after 12 days on Barbados and 7 on the Royal Clipper, we have safely arrived home to enjoy the Holiday season. We were not alone on the ship. There were 115 others with us and of the 117 on Bord, we had 60% repeaters. We had great weather and a fantasitic time. Thanks to the captain, the Crew and the fellow passengers!

Happy Holidays!