Unbelievable video on youtube of Miracle riot

smeck

I couldn't believe what I saw. Pasengers going crazy because the itenerary was changed due to a storm. Just search Miracle riot on youtube. You won't believe it. Anyone else experience similirar issues?

Is it the New York factor or is it the Carnival factor?

I can't imagine a Cunard transatlantic or a HAL cruise from or to NYC having this experience.

I don't think it's either. I think it's a disappointed and unreasonable passenger factor. I was on a Celebrity Alaska cruise that missed ports (due to a mechanical issue rather than weather), and we had an angry mob crowding the entire atrium area for DAYS...

I don't think it's either. I think it's a disappointed and unreasonable passenger factor. I was on a Celebrity Alaska cruise that missed ports (due to a mechanical issue rather than weather), and we had an angry mob crowding the entire atrium area for DAYS...

I think you are correct. But it's so much easier to suggest that people on NY-based cruises are to blame.

I don't hate NY City at all. I've met alot of very nice people from NY and I have friends that live there. I've just heard so many stories about alot of the passengers that cruise from that port and most of the stories have come from people that actually live in NY and won't cruise from there either. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that I live in Texas (originally California).

I couldn't believe what I saw. Pasengers going crazy because the itenerary was changed due to a storm. Just search Miracle riot on youtube. You won't believe it. Anyone else experience similirar issues?

It would help if you would post the link guy. But never fear OrdieJ is here.

I've seen the video. Classic example of the Ugly Americans. It's embarrassing and I felt sorry for the captain. Probably first time cruisers who didn't understand that stuff happens. Amazingly enough they wasted one good day on a ship throwing temper tantrums instead of enjoying themselves.

I think the real shame goes to Carnival on this. They give no reasons for why they are making a change until after people start demanding it. Then, what is a correct and understandable explaination is falling on ears that are too mad to hear what they are being told.

Here is the captain AFTER the riot.

A whole lot of problems could have been avoided if they had talked to the paxs instead of saying we are changing the trip, you'll get $20 to your account, and if you have questions about our actions, tough, keep them to yourself because we don't have to tell you anything.

I think a part of the communication problem is so many people have english as their second language, however, there are americans working on the ship too, so why couldn't they be pulled in to explain to upset people what the situation is.

Looks like the same behavior at the Stock Market Exchange. If you watch it again, you'll note people just standing and watching the moron's like watching a car wreck....some peole find it necessary to display their anger publicly.....like pit bulls in a ring!

Going out on the ocean can be very risky......put a lot of money spent along with disappointment in what you'll get in return and you can expect this kind of spectacle.

Any seasoned traveler knows that their may be changes is flights/hotels/destinations and yes, even cruise lines.

I'm so darned happy to be onboard a ship, on the ocean and not be at work or home that I'll take my chances on what may come!

What's really sad to me is that there were probably hundreds if not thousands of other passengers who were still trying to enjoy their vacation, despite the missed port, and this kind of an angry, hostile mob put a damper on that...

A few thoughts, it is a ship at sea.....anything can happen, the least of which is missing a port because of poor weather conditions. Wondering if the guy doing most of the hackling had ever cruised before or been at sea? Pretty unbelievable

:(

It would help if you would post the link guy. But never fear OrdieJ is here.

Thanks for posting the link and saving people here time searching for it. I wouldn't care if we missed every port on the itinerary. I don't have to be anywhere, I don't have to answer a phone, I don't have to do jack. I'm happy just eating, resting, gazing at the sea, walking around the ship, and I don't have to cook or clean. But, that's just me....:cool:

What's really sad to me is that there were probably hundreds if not thousands of other passengers who were still trying to enjoy their vacation, despite the missed port, and this kind of an angry, hostile mob put a damper on that...

*nodding head in agreement*

Thanks for posting the link and saving people here time searching for it. I wouldn't care if we missed every port on the itinerary. I don't have to be anywhere, I don't have to answer a phone, I don't have to do jack. I'm happy just eating, resting, gazing at the sea, walking around the ship, and I don't have to cook or clean. But, that's just me....:cool:

Right, that's just you. Are you saying because you have no problem missing a port, no one else has a reason to be upset? Esp first time cruisers, who I suspect was a large part of the riot group.

I have been on cruises were the only way we were told we were missing a port was a small notice in the papers. The powers on the ship know it happens all the time, but neglect to tell esp the first time cruisers about things.

People are not born knowing this stuff. That stupid message in the cruise contract saying the ship reserves the right to skip a port should be shoved down someone's throat. There should be an announcement when you get on that says we will be hopefully going to xyz. In the event of unforseen problems with making it to those ports, we will update you at that time.

Right, that's just you. Are you saying because you have no problem missing a port, no one else has a reason to be upset? Esp first time cruisers, who I suspect was a large part of the riot group.

I have been on cruises were the only way we were told we were missing a port was a small notice in the papers. The powers on the ship know it happens all the time, but neglect to tell esp the first time cruisers about things.

People are not born knowing this stuff. That stupid message in the cruise contract saying the ship reserves the right to skip a port should be shoved down someone's throat. There should be an announcement when you get on that says we will be hopefully going to xyz. In the event of unforseen problems with making it to those ports, we will update you at that time.

That "stupid message in the cruise contract" is there for a reason. You acknowledged it when you paid for the trip, and got on board. If you don't like the terms of the "contract" then you have a choice, don't get on the ship. Read what I said above, I didn't mention anyone else but myself.

I just finished listening to what the captain had to say and he was right on. I cruise enough and have been to ports many times over. So FOR ME, it matters not. I got on board knowing the terms of the contract, and to whine about missing a port or going some place else IMHO is childish. I think the people that were doing the screaming, have never been on a vacation in their life. I think their pent up anger was really being confined to a ship that they weren't going to get off of any time soon or where they planned on going. As the captain said, you got on board in port and we delivered you back to the same port, and where we go in between is none of your business (if he wanted to be rude).

Archived