Printing Turkey E Visa

I accidentally left my printout in my checked bag, so I showed the immigration officer a display of the pdf on my smartphone and he was cool with that. I think they just need the number. I'm sure B&W would be OK: all the info is B&W, only the logo is in color.

When printing Turkey E Visa is it in colour ? is it ok to print in Black and White thank you Aussie

I'm in Turkey right now and my girlfriend and I entered with e-visa, she with black and white printout and me by showing it on my smartphone.

We were both let in immediately after passport check. Our entry date was few days ago on May 6.

So choose your method - no issues at all!

So do we still need a visa if we are coming into Istanbul on the cruise ship and flying out of Istanbul all on the same day? :confused:

Thanks

Yes.

The no-visa exemption for cruise passengers is only for those arriving & leaving (within 72 hours) by ship.

You need a visa to fly in or out.

JB :)

Yes.

The no-visa exemption for cruise passengers is only for those arriving & leaving (within 72 hours) by ship.

Thank you :)

Yes.

Hello, I just found out that we might need Turkish Visa's . We are cruising out of Athens and have 2 stops for the day . One in Kusadasi and the other in Mamaris. We leave the same day we arrive. Does that qualify us for a no-visa-exception? Many thanks for your help.

Howard in Sunny and warm, Ft. lauderdale

Hello, I just found out that we might need Turkish Visa's . We are cruising out of Athens and have 2 stops for the day . One in Kusadasi and the other in Mamaris. We leave the same day we arrive. Does that qualify us for a no-visa-exception? Many thanks for your help.

Howard in Sunny and warm, Ft. lauderdale

Hi Howard,

You don't need visas for day-visits to ports-of-call in Turkey. :)

Or even for overniting aboard the ship in port.

Only needed for stays of over 72 hours, or if you join or end a cruise in a Turkish port.

No worries

Edited by John Bull

I went through Turkish immigration at IST yesterday. The officer didn't even look at my visa printout.

By the way, if you arrive in business class or are StarAlliance Gold, go past the regular immigration lines and there's a special one (next to the diplomats line) that is much faster. They do check check credentials for entry.

I went through Turkish immigration at IST yesterday. The officer didn't even look at my visa printout.

That's the same as entering the USA on an ESTA visa-waiver.

When immigration scan your passport it will flag up whether your e-visa/waiver is in order.

So in theory you don't need to carry it.

But if like me you're a dinosaur & have little faith in technology you'll carry your copy. ;)

Edited by John Bull

• 3 weeks later...
So do we still need a visa if we are coming into Istanbul on the cruise ship and flying out of Istanbul all on the same day? :confused:

Thanks

One of the biggest rip-offs going.

Enough to keep me away from Turkey when they need it most

The cost of a Turkish visa for Brits is $20, little more than an ESTA to enter the US, and the same rule applies - required even if sailing in / out same-day.

For Canadians the visa fee is a hefty $60 because Canada charges Turks far more for a Canadian visa.

Tit for tat

As John Bull points out it is the world of reciprocals. You charge me extra, I'll do the same to you. Do not take it personally.

As John Bull points out it is the world of reciprocals. You charge me extra, I'll do the same to you. Do not take it personally.
I don't question any country's right to set their own entry requirements and visa fees in any way they wish, but reciprocity is not the only diplomatic principle being applied here. It's not any easier or cheaper for a Turkish tourist to visit the USA vs. Canada (it costs them a lot in both cases), and yet Turkey only charges Americans $20 for an e-visa, vs. $60 for Canadians. As a Canadian, I would find it hard not to take this personally, obviously not on an individual level, but (for whatever reason) Turkey's visa policy is clearly less welcoming to Canadian tourists.

Thanks

If you are flying in or out of Istanbul, you need a eVisa

I don't question any country's right to set their own entry requirements and visa fees in any way they wish, but reciprocity is not the only diplomatic principle being applied here. It's not any easier or cheaper for a Turkish tourist to visit the USA vs. Canada (it costs them a lot in both cases), and yet Turkey only charges Americans $20 for an e-visa, vs. $60 for Canadians. As a Canadian, I would find it hard not to take this personally, obviously not on an individual level, but (for whatever reason) Turkey's visa policy is clearly less welcoming to Canadian tourists.

try going to Chile as an Australian! The fee is actually called a reciprocity fee and is only charged to Aussies and Mexicans. as of a year ago, you could not pay it on line. You could only get in a long queue where a single person processed the fees for a whole Qantas plane. Over a hour in the queue.

I did not so much mind the fee as much as the very unwelcoming way of having to pay it.

Flew into Istanbul with my minor kids and not my husband. He met us there from a business trip. Then landed in Izmir after the bombings. Now waiting to fly out of Izmir. Not once did we have to show evisas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Flew into Istanbul with my minor kids and not my husband. He met us there from a business trip. Then landed in Izmir after the bombings. Now waiting to fly out of Izmir. Not once did we have to show evisas.
They checked your passports at least, I hope! As John Bull said earlier in this thread, your e-visa information pops up when they scan your passports. But there is a danger in the immediate aftermath of an attack that security protocols get disrupted and more attackers can try to take advantage of this to slip through.