Recommendation for a travel insurance that covers cancellations

Sanjanjo

I am hoping that someone can recommend a travel insurance company that can refund your money if you need to cancel at the last minute. I am booked for xmas cruise on pacific Eden and have paid the deposit and due to pay the remainder in September. My boss now tells me that she cannot guarantee I can get xmas off until November even though I requested this holiday at beginning of the year. I am almost sure I will get it off but hesitate to pay the rest of the fare unless I have a travel insurance that will cover all or most of it. Any suggestions, please.

Check with Australian travel insurance providers for a CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) policy. CFAR usually covers a % (~75%) of your trip costs being recovered via a claim if you need to cancel for any reason. You will pay more for a CFAR coverage but it could be worth it depending on the cost of your cruise.

This is an article that is long but helped us understand when to buy travel insurance. You can see that CSA has the most flexible on timing of buying a travel insurance policy

http://www.thediabetescouncil.com/diabetes-travel-insurance-guide/

Unfortunately you might find that this would be considered a "Pre-existing condition", in that your employer has informed you that you may not get leave. Hopefully you can find an insurer that will cover you. Good luck, and let us know how you go.