Barbados Golf Course Question

CruisersfromMD

My DH and I will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas this summer out of San Juan. We will be doing many beach days (St. Croix, St. Marten and St. Johns Antigua) so we thought we might golf one day. RCCL offers a golf excursion to the Barbados Golf Course. I was wondering if anyone has golfed there and what they thought about the course? I see that the course rents clubs. Do we need to contact the course separately to tell them we are doing the cruise ship excursion and that we will need to rent clubs?

Thanks in advance for any input that you might be able to offer.

• 4 weeks later...
My DH and I will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas this summer out of San Juan. We will be doing many beach days (St. Croix, St. Marten and St. Johns Antigua) so we thought we might golf one day. RCCL offers a golf excursion to the Barbados Golf Course. I was wondering if anyone has golfed there and what they thought about the course? I see that the course rents clubs. Do we need to contact the course separately to tell them we are doing the cruise ship excursion and that we will need to rent clubs?

We golfed at the Rockley golf course several years ago. We did it on our own -I am not sure if that is what the ship offers?? We did rent clubs and brought our own shoes. I really don't remember much but if you have more questions, I am sure that DH could remember!

• 3 weeks later...

What JW sailing are you on? If 8/30, come over to the roll call and chat.

We have played Barbados Golf Club several times through the ship. It is a very nice course with nice facilities. Not the best but not the worst. Fairly nice for Vcaribbean golf. I can't answer the club rental though as we usually take our own.

What JW sailing are you on? If 8/30, come over to the roll call and chat.

We have played Barbados Golf Club several times through the ship. It is a very nice course with nice facilities. Not the best but not the worst. Fairly nice for Vcaribbean golf. I can't answer the club rental though as we usually take our own.

Thanks for the information.

We are on the 8/9 sailing of the Jewel.

Thanks for the information.

We are on the 8/9 sailing of the Jewel.

Have a great trip! On your itinerary we usually golf in all of the ports except St M. Barbados and St Lucia are the best of those courses. Antigua (Cedar Valley) isn't great...but enjoyable. St Croix we usually do Carambola but most recently did Buccaneer. Both are decent but not spectacular.

• 1 month later...