Job

My wife was asking about working as one of the the people that check you in for the cruise. I was wondering do they work for RCCL or are they contractors? I have looked at the web site for RCCL for jobs but I really didn't see that job listed, or I did know what they call it. We live near Port Canaveral and she was thinking that when she retires this could be a part time job. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks

:o

:p

;)

:D

My wife was asking about working as one of the the people that check you in for the cruise. I was wondering do they work for RCCL or are they contractors? I have looked at the web site for RCCL for jobs but I really didn't see that job listed, or I did know what they call it. We live near Port Canaveral and she was thinking that when she retires this could be a part time job. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks

;)

All I know is that they work for a company that provides check-in services for multiple cruiselines.

I agree that it would be a cool job. This link is from MisterMom's Allure review and post #44 shows the check-in person having a RCI name tag on.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2063107&page=3

And when the RCI ship departs, that very same check-in person will show up the next morning (or whenever) with a different cruise lines scarf and name badge on.:)

Edited by cruisenfever

My neighbor checks in Royal Caribbean guests. One of her perks is cruises at very attractive rates. I don't know all the details such as how many are allowed each year or how long the cruises are or how many family or friends may take advantage of the perk.

Your wife will have to work weekends. I don't now if that is an important factor for her.

Get a job as a desk clerk at a hotel...it's the same thing. It's not "glamorous" at all.

Never said anything about "glamorous", just something to do part time!

:confused:

My neighbor checks in Royal Caribbean guests. One of her perks is cruises at very attractive rates. I don't know all the details such as how many are allowed each year or how long the cruises are or how many family or friends may take advantage of the perk.

Your wife will have to work weekends. I don't now if that is an important factor for her.

Thanks do you the title of his/her job?

;)

The port agents work for the cruise line (although some work for multiple lines). They get some travel perks with the cruise line, but if they go on a cruise, they may have to start their shift as soon as they get off the ship.

I worked for Royal, my first job was an airport agent at Miami International Airport. If things are still the same. The staff in MIA/FLL work directly for Royal. All other ports Royal contracts out.

Again if things are still the same, you do get awesome cruise benefits. Royal doesn't like the details made public so out of respect I won't post details. However, if you worked for the company for 10 years and retired, you got to keep the cruise benefits for life. If you live in S. Florida then it's worth it, otherwise you don't work for RCI and you don't get the cruise deals.

I cruised with a very nice gentleman that was checking people in at the port, then boarded the ship for our cruise, then had to leave early when we docked after the cruise, to work checking people in again.

A lot of the personnel we've talked to while checking us in have never cruised before. I thought that was rather odd, especially if they get discounts on their cruises. I am afraid if I worked there, I'd be cruising on all my vacation days.

Now since I retired, I can cruise whenever I want, as long as I can afford it. :p;)

Would have loved to have that job though.

Gwen :)

The company you need to contact is Interline Cruises. Their office is on A1A in Cape Canaveral. Hope this helps.

That's the company name I remember the check-in agents mentioning at Port Canaveral.:)

My neighbor works only for Royal Caribbean.

She is likely the exception that proves the rule. Most of the folks who do that job fit Patti's description - different days, different scarves and name badges.:)