Panoramic oceanview rooms on the Explorer of the Seas

Has anyone been in the new oceanview panoramic rooms on the Explorer of the Seas? They added them on the 12th deck around the spa and we are booked in one next week and I am pretty excited. Just wondering what others thought of them. It is me and my 3 older kids and we have almost always had balconies but just couldn't swing the cost for an Alaskan cruise. The very front room was available, but I did choose the one a few over thinking we could see more if the port was on that side.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has anyone been in the new oceanview panoramic rooms on the Explorer of the Seas? They added them on the 12th deck around the spa and we are booked in one next week and I am pretty excited. Just wondering what others thought of them. It is me and my 3 older kids and we have almost always had balconies but just couldn't swing the cost for an Alaskan cruise. The very front room was available, but I did choose the one a few over thinking we could see more if the port was on that side.

I have not stayed in one (yet) but will be in a Family Panoramic on the Freedom in March. With that in mind, I got the chance this past March when on the Freedom to go inside the actual cabin we will have next March and I was blown away. The view was incredible. We were just in Port Canaveral and the views there were amazing.

I know people love their balconies, but I would pick the Panoramic Oceanview over it personally. If I want to be outside, I have no issue going to a public area (deck 12 forward right on top of where your cabin will be). Sitting in a nice climate controlled cabin looking out of the panoramic windows in Alaska should be heavenly. Enjoy.

could someone please post a picture

You can probably find a small image or two posted online but below is a link to the handicap version of the cabins on the Voyager (so they will be very similar but a bit smaller)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/voyager-of-the-seas-105/accessible-panoramic-oceanview-cabin-245590/

We have a balcony on Voyager next year but after seeing these pics I am thinking of changing to one of these, the costs is roughly the same, any thoughts? It is nice to have a balcony but as we are doing a New Caledonia/South Pacific cruise this might offer better vistas.

We have a balcony on Voyager next year but after seeing these pics I am thinking of changing to one of these, the costs is roughly the same, any thoughts? It is nice to have a balcony but as we are doing a New Caledonia/South Pacific cruise this might offer better vistas.

Only negative that comes to mind is the increased feeling of motion because these staterooms are so high.

We were in Panoramic Ocean View cabin #1806. The room set up and the huge window were very much better than any other ocean view cabin we have sailed on. During our 11 day adventure r/t Australia we did not feel any more ship motion than in prior sailings in other locations. To us the biggest negative is that the cabins have limited elevator service often requiring us to walk across the open pool deck which is often slippery and in inclement weather just plain dangerous. We had to plan ahead which route to take depending on the weather and the ship,s motions.

• 2 months later...
We were in Panoramic Ocean View cabin #1806. The room set up and the huge window were very much better than any other ocean view cabin we have sailed on. During our 11 day adventure r/t Australia we did not feel any more ship motion than in prior sailings in other locations. To us the biggest negative is that the cabins have limited elevator service often requiring us to walk across the open pool deck which is often slippery and in inclement weather just plain dangerous. We had to plan ahead which route to take depending on the weather and the ship,s motions.

Do you by any chance have any pictures of #1806? I just booked this stateroom and I'm so curious about the layout and view.

I just booked accessible cabin 1814 on deck 12 on the NAVIGATOR. The room is so much bigger than these standard panoramic view photos as the windows are very large wrap around.

I wish someone who might have stayed in one of theses accessible panoramic rooms had some photos or video so we could see the bigger size difference.

We had a cabin crawl which featured I think 2 or 3 of the new panoramic rooms on the sister ship (Navigator). Because this was a transpacific cruise, there was a LOT of movement, especially the first few days, and the comments from several of those in the cabins was that the rooms did get a fair bit more sway. However, I imagine if you are staying in calmer waters (Caribbean or Mediterranean) that it shouldn't be an issue.

The only other concern they had was that, because the windows are full height, it could get rather warm at times, even with the air conditioning. Just something to keep in mind. But the views were OUTSTANDING. We were stunned, left speechless really. They are really amazing rooms, and we were sorely tempted by them as well!! I'm sure you will enjoy, so long as you aren't super motion-sickness prone :)

We were in 1858 on our Alaskan cruise in August...LOVED IT!!!! We did not feel any extra movement, even though it got rough enough that they closed down the upper decks. Loved sitting in our window and watching the icebergs float by...I will try to post a few picks. I was me and my 3 teenagers, was tight squeeze when the pull out bed was out, but otherwise roomy enough.eee4913931202615b41c8138240a5f61.jpgc88649dc687f29c83e47d65ba915e568.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile appce848e81559c3a67def574277dfbab02.jpg

Edited by CruiseLoris

We booked an accessible Panoramic on deck 12 on the Navigator.

My understanding is that the accessible and family panoramic cabins are much larger than the standard panoramic room which is the photo above.

I've seen photos of the family and accessible panoramic cabins and they are much larger with a massive window view that curves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just booked accessible cabin 1814 on deck 12 on the NAVIGATOR. The room is so much bigger than these standard panoramic view photos as the windows are very large wrap around.

I wish someone who might have stayed in one of theses accessible panoramic rooms had some photos or video so we could see the bigger size difference.

We are on the freedom Oct 2nd in this same accessible room. I couldn't find good pictures either, so I intend to take a bunch. Will post when we get back.

Since my daughter uses a power wheelchair, we are excited they have this room available to book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

We booked an accessible Panoramic on deck 12 on the Navigator.

My understanding is that the accessible and family panoramic cabins are much larger than the standard panoramic room which is the photo above.

I've seen photos of the family and accessible panoramic cabins and they are much larger with a massive window view that curves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked into the family panoramic on Adventure in March. I couldn't see pictures because the cabin hasn't even been built yet! But I am hoping/expecting that it will have the extra space and the wrap-around windows you mention. I will be certain to take many pictures as I know there are very few of the family panoramic cabins in the fleet and it can be difficult to find pictures.