BAGGAGE HANDLING AT Ijmuiden (Amsterdam)

Next year's cruise will be my and my wife's first visit to Amsterdam. We will be leaving from Ijmuiden on the Prinsendam.

I have looked at pictures of the Ijmuiden port where ther Prinsendam docks, but could not see where we will leave our luggage to be put on the ship.

Can any of you with experience at Ijmuiden tell me about the boarding process there, including where we leave our luggage, etc.?

Thanks.

Be aware that IJmuiden is 20 miles west of Amsterdam. So better book a transfer or you take a (expensive) cab. Public transport is a bit complicated.

There is just 1 terminal building in IJmuiden, so when entering you leave your luggage there. Porters there will take care of it, they will check if it has your cabinnumbers on it and some time later that afternoon it will be delivered to your cabin.

Edited by Ine

Ine's advice is perfect, as usual! Book the Holland America bus shuttle out of Amsterdam. the luggage will be unloaded and put on the ship after you arrive. Very easy! The HAL shuttle departed from the Rennaisance hotel in central Amsterdam last fall, but HAL can advise you or your travel agent where it leaves from when you travel. We did not stay at the Renaissance, stayed very close to it in a less expensive hotel so just walked over the morning of the cruise to get the shuttle. Very easy!

The port HAL uses in Ijmuiden is quite a small terminal building in a remote area.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Be aware that IJmuiden is 20 miles west of Amsterdam. So better book a transfer or you take a (expensive) cab. Public transport is a bit complicated.

There is just 1 terminal building in IJmuiden, so when entering you leave your luggage there. Porters there will take care of it, they will check if it has your cabinnumbers on it and some time later that afternoon it will be delivered to your cabin.

Thanks for your reply. We already decided to arrange transportation to the port from our hotel on the morning of our departure.