Car rental in Seattle, Wa

We will be arriving in Seattle a couple of days prior to our cruise. Does anyone know if you can rent a car at any of the companies at the airport and drop it off by the port? If not the port, can it be dropped off at a downtown location? We just don't want to have to go back to the airport to drop off the vehicle when we are staying close to the port.

We will be arriving in Seattle a couple of days prior to our cruise. Does anyone know if you can rent a car at any of the companies at the airport and drop it off by the port? If not the port, can it be dropped off at a downtown location? We just don't want to have to go back to the airport to drop off the vehicle when we are staying close to the port.

First of all, which pier are you speaking about, 66 or 91? Pier 66 is just north of the downtown waterfront area and is where Norwegian and Oceania dock and Pier 91 is about 3 miles north of Pier 66 and is where Princess, Holland-America, Carnival, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean dock.

I don't know of anyplace near Pier 91 for vehicle drop-off but I do know that National, Enterprise and one other rental company do have reps at that location during debarkation where they pick up people who have reserved cars, so those companies may have somewhere nearby that they use so you might want to check with those companies. I have no info on what goes on at Pier 66, sorry. I do know that a couple of weeks ago somebody who was cruising out of pier 91 arrived very late and left their rental car in the parking lot by Pier 91. Can't imagine paying for a rental car to sit in a parking lot for a week, but I guess it beats dropping the rental off at a lot and then missing a cruise (which would have happened if they'd dropped the car off!) :(

Hope this info helps. If you find out that one of those companies does have a nearby lot, let me know, please, as that's good info to have.

Tom

• 1 month later...