Catalina Island SCUBA

My wife and I are going to be in Catalina as part of a cruise in October. We both are not dive certified we keep talking about doing but never get around to it. We've really enjoyed snorkeling as well as "Snuba" in the past. Carnival offers a guided tour/class that does not require certification. Has anyone tried this and how was it? Also, is this a excursion we are likely to find on the docs for less?

Thanks in advanced

My wife and I are going to be in Catalina as part of a cruise in October. We both are not dive certified we keep talking about doing but never get around to it. We've really enjoyed snorkeling as well as "Snuba" in the past. Carnival offers a guided tour/class that does not require certification. Has anyone tried this and how was it? Also, is this a excursion we are likely to find on the docs for less?

Thanks in advanced

I would reserve direct with Catalina Divers Supply - you can read more about them here - http://www.catalinadiverssupply.com/excursions_discoverscuba.html

If you like it, you may be able to do a 2nd dive on the same day. Then you'll get hooked and will start planning dive vacations :D

I suspect we might. The thing that has been holding us back is that we are pretty land locked her. There are SCUBA schools but they take you to dirty lakes. But if we try it and catch the bug we might plan future vacations around it.